Las Palmas de San Jose
Mango Suites(Tuguegarao City)
US$40
US$28
Priceline
Holiday Plaza Hotel(Tuguegarao City)
US$29
US$23
Agoda.com
Hotel Lorita(Tuguegarao City)
US$32
Hotel Joselina(Tuguegarao City)(Great Value!)
US$19
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsresidential areatown centrericebeef tapashuttle servicehotel is locatedbobpoollongganisaglobetricyclecitysuggestionwifieggphilippinestoilet
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

This is the hotel that our travel agency recommended when we decided to go to Tuguegarao for an overnight stay before we fly back to Manila the following day.

The rooms are big and clean and with really soft beds and pillows, which is something that I find very important in a hotel. I just don't like the location since it's inside a village and it takes minutes to get out to the main road. Just ask the guard where you can find a tricycle (P50.00 per ride).

The hotel looks like a really big house with about 22 rooms and with a swimming pool. There are no elevators and if climbing stairs is a problem for you, there are rooms on the ground floor and you can just call the hotel for reservations.

There are rooms with balcony, which makes it convenient for smokers.

They have good food too but make sure to order ahead of time, before you really get hungry, because serving time takes about minimum of 30 minutes.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank Celine R
Reviewed 10 September 2015

I've been here for two nights and I can say it will not be the last! The place is very relaxing and the rooms are neat and clean. The staffs are accommodating and will assist you very well. Attends to your request and very courteous to their guest. The food is good! I enjoyed Bam-I a mixed of pancit sotanghon and canton guisado. Try it to know it!

Room Tip: Room rates are good enough!
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank 911alvinv
Reviewed 9 September 2015

We stayed at this hotel/resort because this is where the previous team stayed last year. It's located in a subdivision, 15-20 minutes from the city proper. Shuttle services are offered for a fee if you want to go grab some groceries/withdraw money. Unfortunately, it is not available on Sundays.

At first look, it's like a big guest house with rooms and a pool. Rooms are clean and basic. The TV in my room is flat screen but quite small -- it's hard to watch shows from the bed. The room I stayed in lacked a working table. A good thing is I was able to 'borrow' the one located at the common veranda. The rate comes with a plated breakfast (I highly recommend their longganisa). Eating the same selections/variety for breakfast can become a chore especially if you're staying there for 3 weeks. Their restaurant serves good food. If you have out-of-menu cravings, they can have it arranged in advance. They have courteous staff. For other activities, they have a videoke machine and a pool. The pool is of good size and the water is not that chlorinated although it could use more filtering as there are soil sediments underneath.

I guess what they could really improve on is the staff training. They get easily confused on recording charges and escalating requests to the next shift. Good thing we also maintain our own ledgers so we were able to counter-check the charges. Their recordings, if left unchecked may become losses on the part of the guest or the hotel.

Generally, it's a pleasant experience but if you prefer to be near other establishments, I suggest getting a hotel at the city proper.

Room Tip: According to my colleagues, the rooms at the 3rd floor is creepy. (maybe because it's seldom occupied).
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank rachelle_cpa
Reviewed 15 August 2015

I stayed here for ten nights. It's not centrally located, but it is only a short ride into town proper. I got sick during my visit and the staff was very solicitious, the owner even left a dinner to take me to the clinic. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff_Madison_12
Reviewed 4 October 2014

This is the best hotel we stayed at on this trip so far, both in terms of amenities and value. The rooms are elegantly finished with wood inlay, indirect lighting, nice window coverings, flat screen TVs, phones, and above average bedding. Everything works and the rooms are clean.

The hotel is named for the 20 or so palm trees that grow on the grounds (in some cases through the buildings!) and provide welcome and ample shade. There is a pretty courtyard with a nice swimming pool. The local San Jose area is quiet and clean but still only a 10 minutes tricycle ride from the hotel to the Tuguegarao town center.

The owners of the place, Bob and Baby, spent time in the United States, speak very good English. They are very friendly, and are meticulous about the care and upkeep of the hotel. The staff are extremely helpful, friendly and always available. The hotel is very popular because of the reasons cited above however it was peaceful and not crowded when we stayed there off season.

The best rooms are 103 and 104 which are large family rooms with refrigerators, direct access to the pool and an off season rate around 2500 pesos.

Room Tip: Rooms 103, 104 have direct pool access and refrigerators.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple