Las Palmas de San Jose
Holiday Plaza Hotel(Tuguegarao City)
Mango Suites(Tuguegarao City)
Hotel Lorita(Tuguegarao City)
TripAdvisor
Villa Blanca Hotel(Tuguegarao City)
  • Restaurant
Valley Hotel(Tuguegarao City)
Hotel Juliana(Tuguegarao City)
Taj Hotel(Tuguegarao City)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsresidential areatown centrericebeef tapashuttle servicehotel is locatedbobpoollongganisaglobetricyclecitysuggestionwifieggphilippinestoilet
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The facilities were good and the prices were reasonable. I have never seen so many employees standing around doing nothing. When you want or need something they disappear. If you are in the restaurant or by the pool you must go find someone to wait on you. They also screwed up my credit card bill. anytime you want hot water, you must ask to have it turned on...hurry they do not leave it on long....will not return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nathan D
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Tuguegarao is said to be the hottest city in the Philippines. Las Palmas de San Jose is a good place to cool off. It is really built within and around palms! Palms are even integrated into the buildings and the swimming pool. The hotel is very nicely and carefully designed, inside and outside. There are some rooms with direct access to the pool. The water temperature of swimming pools in the Philippines is sometimes almost hot. Here the shade of the palms keeps it at a very agreable and refreshing temperature.

We arrived here after a spectacular bus ride from Bontoc along the Chico River with great views again and again (you shouldn't miss this, see picture of our bus crossing fallen rocks) and stayed for two nights. The hotel is outside the city in a quiet residential area but easy reachable by Tricycle. We enjoyed the nice swimming pool, the shade of the palms, the good food and the hospitality at this place. And the price/performance ratio is excellent.

The second evening, when we ordered our dinner, the owners, Bob and Myrna Guzman, greeted us and invited us spontaneously to a dinner party they gave for the newly elected Mayor of Tuguegaro, Jeff Soriano and for one of their granddaughter's birthday. For us it was a nice and unexpected experience to meet the Guzman and Soriano families and we had a good time with them.

For all those who go to Banaue and Sagada we can only recommend to do afterwards the bus ride from Bontoc to Tabuk (via Tinglayan, departure 9 am.) and van to Tuguegarao (tell the bus driver to drop you off at the Van Terminal in Tabuk) and relax afterwards in Las Palmas de San Jose. It's really worthwhile! Furthermore, from Tuguegarao there are daily flights to Manila and the hotel has a free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MarianneWerner38
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I wasn't really expecting anything when we booked here so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. This place is at the quiet side of the city but still near enough the city center. It may be harder for people without cars because I dont think tricycles regularly go through here. The rooms are really well maintained and well appointed. The wifi could not reach some parts of my room but thats ok for me. The maintenance of their facilities are impressive, really clean and insect-free. Very warm, friendly and welcoming staff. The pool is small and I can imagine it being crowded with kids at times. The parking is also small but I think you can park your car outside if it gets full. The breakfast was great and you have a few choices which to eat. This place is perfect for family trips because it's not really a resort where you can actually relax. But it is a truly comfortable stay whatever your purpose.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank joseph t
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I really really love the hotel.. Peaceful and calming... The room is excellent... Food.. two thumbs up.. .you don't need to go to Tuguegarao's Centro just to eat.. It's all in here..believe me.. They also have a pool..

My co-workers stayed here for 20 days and it's all worth it.. pure fun...

Tito Bob and his wife, the owners of the hotel, are so warm and accommodating,,, I'm gonna miss them,,, If ever I will return to Tuguegarao, definitely I will choose Las Palmas de San Jose... <3

Room Tip: Any room will do.. <3
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Edz1214
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We arrived in this hotel at night. It took some time to find the place because it was not in the city center but I knew this before and really wanted the idea of living in the suburb of Tuguegarao for a quieter ambiance.
Check-in was very fast. We got two rooms including a junior suite which was adjacent to the pool. The rooms have very good airconditioning. Amenities were great. Phones and the Tvs were working. The bathrooms were well-appointed and well-stocked with the necessary items.
Our dinner in the hotel that night was great and it was reasonably priced.
Breakfast was spot on. The longganisa was great that we ordered a few kilos for us to take back to Manila.
After our tour of beautiful Callao caves, boating in Pinacanauan River and a stroll of Iguig Calvary Hills, my kids got to use the pool in the afternoon. It was well-maintained as we saw its caretaker clean it in the morning. The following day, he was there again cleaning the already clean pool.
Another delicious dinner followed that night. We opted to eat in the hotel as we did not want a letdown in a restaurant outside after having tasted this hotel's food.
From the lobby to the room, from the dining areas to the pool, from the pool caretaker to the lovely hotel staff and its manager, this hotel gave us good vibes!

Room Tip: ground floor rooms that have a view and easy access of the pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family