Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$73
Booking.com$74
Travelocity$73
Priceline$74
Tripadvisor$73
Lol.travel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2015

I read other reviews prior to booking our room and I have to say that I'm a bit confused as to things that other people are saying. Did we get the only bad room? Overall the motel was clean and very close to Lively which is where we needed to be. We got to there fairly late and after a bit of TV my husband fell asleep. I couldn't get comfortable on the pillows as they were very hard but I didn't want to disturb him since he had a job to do first thing. At about 1:20AM there was a strange loud noise in the room that sounded like the water heater coming on as someone was showering. It was so loud that it drowned out my husband's snoring (he could sleep through an earthquake, lucky guy) and lasted about 20 minutes. It reminded me of the furnace on the movie "The 'Burbs". In the morning I removed the pillow cases and to my utter horror they were all stained yellow and hard, as they were compressed with age (on the bright side, they were made in Canada. How often do you see that anymore?). Clean pillows should be a basic comfort of any accommodation. Based on that alone I would not recommend this motel to anyone. I asked in Lively and apparently it's one of the nicer places in town. I would make sure and ask to see a room in the other local motels before paying for one. Hope this helps avoid someone a sleepless night like the one I had to endure.

Room tip: Go to another motel. I would suggest Sudbury.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Biosne
Reviewed November 3, 2013

When everyone was booked, Village Inn had a good sized suite. We were pleasantly surprised to find a room with two double beds which led to a completely renovated bathroom and a kitchen. Included in the cost was a continental breakfast with fresh pastries, a variety of cereals, fresh bread and butter, coffee and juice. Great experience!

Date of stay: November 2013
2  Thank Linda P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only reason I came to write a review was because the previous reviews helped me decide where I wanted to stay, I really want to thank those people :)
I stayed at this hotel for a day and I can tell you it was the best experience ever! The exterior looks like junk/unappealing (no offense but it's true). Inside it's great and you will be totally satisfied. We booked two twin rooms, It included a microwave a refrigerator, washroom necessities (soap,toilet paper etc) and even a coffee maker with some coffee that you can make included. The bed was comfy and there was no stains or anything on it or in the room in general. The air-conditioning works like a charm, which is a must if you stay in the summer. There is a t.v in there but it's not a fancy flat screen or anything but still not bad. The staff were really helpful and kind, we forgot our key in the room and we just asked for another one to open the door (just so you know when the door closes it locks by itself, so keep that in mind). The complimentary breakfast is just great there's four choices of cereal with coffee, different types of muffins and cakes as well as tea if you want and couple of more drinks and food. The only thing I would say is there is a railroad track just across the street and a train comes like 3x a day so it can sometimes get loud
Don't be fooled this is the perfect place to stay it's is really reasonably priced can't be beat.
In conclusion I would recommend this to a friend I had hardly any problems here and I would definitely stay here again next time.

Room tip: If your looking for a twin room pick room seven I stayed there and it was kind of better than room 8 (I stayed/saw both). The refrigerator is stainless steel instead of a plastic refrigerator small stuff like that. It might just be renovated tho.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Jad C
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 6 nights in March 2013, and couldn't have been happier.
The owners are very accommodating, and happy to have a chat about the local area if you are new to Sudbury. Check-in was relaxed and flexible, and Tanya told us everything we needed to know.
The room itself was newly renovated (I'm not sure if they have updated their website with the new images yet) and very clean. The beds (our room was a twin) were more luxuriously appointed than you'd expect for the cost per night, and the kitchenette had all you'd need for a short stay. The bath and shower were clean, and refreshed daily with nice towels.
The breakfast room is a little dated, but it added a bit character in my eyes, and the coffee that was brewed in time for our arrival along with the food and cakes provided made up adequately for the decor.
A 15 minute drive from the town centre, with a supermarket, LCBO and ATM 2 minutes away, this motel is well worth the value, and certainly the top in its price bracket in the Sudbury area: just don't judge the book by its cover!

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank WHill_13
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Village Inn Motel in Lively for just under a week. We went in not knowing what to expect, and were very pleasantly surprised by what we found. The Village Inn is a family-run motel, and the owner is very friendly and eager to provide customer service (e.g. he provided free continental breakfasts every morning at an early hour -- even on weekends -- to fit my husband's business schedule, inquired daily as to whether we required any housekeeping, and immediately helped us with the wireless internet when we experienced some trouble even though it was nearly 10 p.m.). He is in the process of renovating the entire motel, and the room we stayed in is one that was recently finished. It was spotlesslessly clean, bright, and well set up. The kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, stove, microwave, and toaster, and was fully equipped in terms of dishes, cookware, and utensils. Even the bathroom was well designed with a water-saving toilet, bright lighting, and a dual shower head with handheld sprayer. The heater for the room is connected to a programmable thermostat, so it is easy to set the temperature of the room to be warm and comfortable during the day and slightly cooler at night for better sleeping. The heater itself is somewhat noisy when it runs, but then most nights of the year are not as cold as -27 degrees and therefore would not necessitate nearly as much heating as was required when we stayed.

The Inn is located on the west edge of Lively with easy access to all the conveniences of town (grocery store, bank, restaurants, etc.). It is also excellently located for those who want to walk, ski, snowmobile, or just enjoy the outdoors, as there are numerous trails just steps from the driveway (for example, the Trans-Canada trail runs by right across the street). A short walk back behind the Inn takes you to the edge of Mud Lake, and another set of trails runs east from there. Simon Lake (and Simon Lake Conservation Area) is a 1-minute drive to the west, and Meatbird Lake is just to the north of Lively. Of course, this being the Greater Sudbury region, there are about 300 other lakes also within a short driving distance.

To summarize, I would say that we found the Village Inn to be a lovely clean, quiet, friendly, and well set-up place to stay. The price was also extremely reasonable (I believe it is one of the most affordable places to stay in the area, and for those like me who require both a full kitchen and a pet-friendly accommodation, it IS the most affordable place by a long shot).

Date of stay: March 2013