Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$77
Hotels.com$77
Booking.com$77
Travelocity$77
Vio.com$77
Orbitz.com$77
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Village Inn Motel in Lively for just under a week. We went in not knowing what to expect, and were very pleasantly surprised by what we found. The Village Inn is a family-run motel, and the owner is very friendly and eager to provide customer service (e.g. he provided free continental breakfasts every morning at an early hour -- even on weekends -- to fit my husband's business schedule, inquired daily as to whether we required any housekeeping, and immediately helped us with the wireless internet when we experienced some trouble even though it was nearly 10 p.m.). He is in the process of renovating the entire motel, and the room we stayed in is one that was recently finished. It was spotlesslessly clean, bright, and well set up. The kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, stove, microwave, and toaster, and was fully equipped in terms of dishes, cookware, and utensils. Even the bathroom was well designed with a water-saving toilet, bright lighting, and a dual shower head with handheld sprayer. The heater for the room is connected to a programmable thermostat, so it is easy to set the temperature of the room to be warm and comfortable during the day and slightly cooler at night for better sleeping. The heater itself is somewhat noisy when it runs, but then most nights of the year are not as cold as -27 degrees and therefore would not necessitate nearly as much heating as was required when we stayed.

The Inn is located on the west edge of Lively with easy access to all the conveniences of town (grocery store, bank, restaurants, etc.). It is also excellently located for those who want to walk, ski, snowmobile, or just enjoy the outdoors, as there are numerous trails just steps from the driveway (for example, the Trans-Canada trail runs by right across the street). A short walk back behind the Inn takes you to the edge of Mud Lake, and another set of trails runs east from there. Simon Lake (and Simon Lake Conservation Area) is a 1-minute drive to the west, and Meatbird Lake is just to the north of Lively. Of course, this being the Greater Sudbury region, there are about 300 other lakes also within a short driving distance.

To summarize, I would say that we found the Village Inn to be a lovely clean, quiet, friendly, and well set-up place to stay. The price was also extremely reasonable (I believe it is one of the most affordable places to stay in the area, and for those like me who require both a full kitchen and a pet-friendly accommodation, it IS the most affordable place by a long shot).

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Village Inn was there for me when I needed a room for one night back in November 2012.
This family run business is a nice change from the corporate world of Hotels/Motels.
I have been staying at The Village Inn for many nights since my initial stay.
My work brings me to the Sudbury area and I have enjoyed many casual conversations with the proprietor of The Village Inn.
I would definitely recommend The Village Inn for anyone looking for a single overnight stay or an extended stay in the Sudbury area.

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Cleanliness, a friendly proprietor and reasonable rates more the make up for a dated exterior. Great destination for snowmobilers looking for a place to stay near the trails in the Sudbury area. Will be going back and using as a staging point for future snowmobile trips.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I would not stay here again. Rooms are small, smelled like smoke. Windows were not sealed proper, you could see through the frame, not good for the heating bill. Which in the middle of winter is not cool. The heat would only run for 3 hrs...we woke up in like an ice box. Free breakfast...pfft my butt....for the 15 dollars extra would have been better to go to Mcdonalds, least it would have been warm. No phone in the room, no hangers to hang up ur jacket or clothes. Toliet was fithly around the bottom base like it handnt been cleaned in months. Waste of money to stay there. The room number are actually taped to the door on paper...real fancy guys. No security latch on the inside so anyone who has a key can come in....which they did while we were still in bed...check out was 11am.....They came in at 10am to clean...didnt knock..just walked in....good thing we were dressed. I DO NOT recommend staying there.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pepsi Q
VillageInnSudbury, Owner at Village Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guests,

I am sorry for taking such a long time to reply to your review. I am also very sorry that you did not have a good experience staying at my establishment. Thank you for taking the time to provide an accurate review of your stay.

Village Inn & Suites has been undergoing renovations since the middle of last year and some items such as broken window seals were only noted in the extremely cold temperatures we experienced this winter. Rest assured that this as well as other points you mentioned are on our list of things to fix.

I take great pride in maintaining my establishment and providing clean, comfortable, and elegant rooms. The dirty toilet base was an oversight on our part and I sincerely apologize for our short coming.

Please understand that we have used your review to correct our service so that we can provide better service to future guests. I hope that you will give us another chance on your future visit to Sudbury.

Best regards,

Iqbal Sagani

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This motel is located on main regional road 15 just out of Sudbury (about 30minutes). The outside appears a little scruffy and do not do justice to the rooms. They were great, tastefully furnished, modern, clean with two beds in our room, a refrigerator, microwave, coffee making facilities
Free breakfast, free wifi and free parking. I paid twice the amount at a franchise motel last night and it wasNOT nearly as good as this.
This motel is well worth considering if you are in the area and the price is very reasonable. Check it out you will not be disappointed.
NO CIGARETTE SMELL -- yay at least someone in the hotel/motel business has got the message- chain motels take note.
Shopping centre and major supermarket short distance away if you want to cook in the microwave.

Room tip: All rooms are on the ground floor so direct access from your car
Date of stay: March 2012