“Mr Graeme Evans”

Brewers Fayre Cadgers Brae
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Polmont
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A welcoming restaurant that is child friendly with indoor soft play area and outdoor beer garden this venue is perfect for a family lunch or dinner. Great prices as you can enjoy 2 main courses for £10.99 or enjoy our brilliant deals on 2 starters or desserts for only £2.50 (Monday to Friday) (12-6pm). Enjoy a friendly atmosphere and enjoy as the staff will cater to your every need as you sit back at the table and relax we will come to the table and do all the work for you. Every night we have a different theme buffet night also which can range from a hot dog and burger buffet to a delicious Sunday carvery. Our restaurant has also been newly refurbished as has our soft play and is looking better than ever. Our establishment includes kids parties at various times to help suit everybody's needs. We also do an all you can eat breakfast which is £8.99 and 2 free kids with every full paying adult,continental section also available from £6.99 . Any further information or if you would like to make a booking please do not hesitate to call us
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had sons birthday on 1st April, food excellent, service great and attentive and friendly as they always are. Well done everyone, highly recommend a visit everyone.

2  Thank Graeme E
Cadgers B, Manager at Brewers Fayre Cadgers Brae, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there Graeme E,

Thanks for the positive review of our restaurant.
Glad the staff are keeping up our high standards & that the family enjoyed the visit.
Will see you in the near future hopefully.

Kind regards,

Sam Hurrell - Cadgers Brae Management Team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In fairness this is a Brewers Fayre next to a Premier Inn so Theo obviously have to cater for the hotel guests so I’ll leave that point with you.

The restaurant itself is clean and the staff are friendly and pleasant, plus point for sure.

That’s where it ends for me , it’s a typical all you can eat buffet breakfast and the management obviously know that giving license to stuff your self silly is likely to be abused and from what I saw, boy was that true.

The food is cheaper quality than I’d expect but then it’s all about volume and cost control so I shouldn’t have been surprised.

Scrambled egg, hmm was there any real egg, I doubt it.

Sausages , plump and tasty , best of the bunch.

Hash Browns, hmm, soggy almost mash like.

Black pudding, picture a black soggy mess oozing fat and no taste, you got it.

Bacon ,no comment.

Beans, hard to ruin

All accompanied with bubble and squeak, mushrooms and fried tomato. Say no more.

If I sound harsh then for a fiver I could forgive but for £8.99, I can’t.

I can imagine that the food here is normally ok but the breakfast is shocking.

Hi there tetstb,

I appreciated that you have left our restaurant a review, but find the title over the top & unnecessary.
Our breakfast is all you can eat as this gives the guest the option of how much they would like. This is why the breakfast is priced at £8.99, just like any other Brewers Fayre or Whitbread restaurant.
Regarding the food quality, everything is cooked fresh & topped up as often as possible. We also do receive the same breakfast products as any other Whitbread owned restaurant, this does include fresh eggs that are used for both scrambled & fried egg on the buffet.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice Location good Staff pleasant atmosphere but the food was terrible the only item hot on my plate of steak dinner was the chips everything else was cold and nothing that you would call cooking cold fried steak hot frozen chips cold frozen peas and half a tomato I know other Brewers fare I have rated good but must say was disappointing here

Cadgers B, Manager at Brewers Fayre Cadgers Brae, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there brucies2015,

Thank you for giving us feedback about your recent visit.

I can only apologise for the problems you encountered with our food. If you said to any of the servers at the time that there was a problem, it would have been rectified straight away.
I am glad you did enjoy everything else and hope you reconsider us in the near future.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

For £9 for 2 mains it's kinda hard to complain. My gammon was fine. Eggs perfect. Chicken and bacon salad was pretty crap. Just because it's a salad doesn't mean it has to be that boring!...yes, I had 2 mains if you're wondering.
They weren't that busy but appeared under-staffed. Manager was hiding somewhere but popped out for 5 mins when they got busier. The other staff were great though. Guy behind the bar was completely fantastic. Think his name began with a J? Two guys serving me were polite and good.
For £9 I couldn't really expect any more. Wouldn't be overly happy paying full price but it was warm and welcoming and seemed good for kids.

Thank you to the 3 staff who seemed to be working!

Cadgers B, Manager at Brewers Fayre Cadgers Brae, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Hi there Michaeljwood,

Thank you for leaving a review about our restaurant, Cadgers Brae.

It fills me with joy that our staff made you feel welcomed into our restaurant, I'll make sure whoever was on that night gets recognized for their great work.
Regarding the food, all meals are prepped to spec due to our company brand standards, therefore we require to follow a specific layout in all our dishes.
I hope this hasn't put you off and would love to see you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Sam Hurrell - Cadgers Brae Management Team.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

staff so rude and with no manners at all. some of them should not work with people or get some basic training about customer care and services. left after 5 min and will never come back. when asked to speak with manager a girl early 20 said 'it is me', no name bage no skills argued with me. my child has better behavior.

Cadgers B, Manager at Brewers Fayre Cadgers Brae, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Hi there annamurawska72.

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant, Cadgers Brae.

I can only apologise on behalf of our staff for the 'bad service' you received but here at Cadgers Brae, we are highly regarded when it comes to customer service & care. If you did have any complaints or queries during your stay, any of our management team would have been more than willing to help.
I hope you reconsider us in the future.

Yours Sincerely,