The Union Inn(Old Windsor)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewslarge hotelnewer roomsthorpe parkroyal weddinglocal attractionsblue wingcheck in was quick and easybuffet stylehot and cold foodlegoland packagebeautiful groundsiron and ironing boardstaff on receptionboth morningsthoroughly enjoyed our stayvery pleasant staytwin room
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Just been to stay here with my family for a LEGOLAND break. The hotel is huge and grounds are beautiful just a shame for us cos it’s been the wettest weekend so didn’t get to go and explore them.
The hotel is huge and the room was lovely decorated and very modern, we had breakfast included which ticked all the boxes for a buffet style restaurant. The rooms were immaculate and the pool was area was very clean with the smell of chlorine.
Over all a lovely hotel and would stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicky P
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Vicky,

Thank you for your review and you lovely comments about our grounds and hotel.

Hopefully during your next visit it will be sunny can you can explore our beautiful grounds!

I am delighted you had a great stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed there for one night on Good Friday and I was so pleasantly surprise, they had plenty of activities for my kids (3 and 4). There is a swimming pool, with a changing room and showers (water was a bit cold though so showered them in room). We had dinner at the buffet, which was £20 a head food only, kids, the food was ok if you're not vegetarian, but not that many veggie options. The next day there were quite a few activities for the kids, a colouring station for a colouring competition, an Easter Egg hunt, face painting and a showing of Moana with cookies and milk on offer. The grounds are lovely and the staff were very friendly. I would go again next Easter, they do activities for kids in Easter and Halloween. They need more staff in the restaurant however.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Deena,

I am happy that your children had chance to participate in the activities on offer over the Easter period.

Thank you for your nice comments about our friendly staff I will pass on this feedback to our team.

I have noted your comments with regards to staffing levels in the restaurant and have forwarded this feedback onto our F&B Manager for review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Beaumont Estate in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was shocked at how poor this hotel was for a De Vere. It’s enormous, and reminded me of a (poor) all inclusive hotel.
The room, while spacious, was dated. Bath panels coming away from the bath, numerous stains on the carpet.
The buffet restaurant looked inviting, however there was very little choice and the cleanliness left a lot to be desired.
At breakfast the waitress tried to clear our plates while we were still eating, twice!
Can’t think of any reason I’d want to return.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Pollard15
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Booked this is a last minute getaway. On arrival the car park was full and people were resorting to parking along the access roads. Once a space was found 20 minutes later we then had the joy of queuing for another 15 minutes to check in. Once in the room it was fine, nothing special but quiet, clean and with the basic amenities.

We decided to eat in the hotel (as we didn't want to risk moving the car!) And booked into the a la carte restaurant for their earliest spot at 9pm. The manager in the restaurant seemed to be running the whole room by herself which resultes in a two course meal taking 2.5 hours. To be honest we were in no hurry so it wasnt a major issue and the food was good. I wish I could say the same for what happened the next morning.

Having been warned to avoid the 8am breakfast rush we decided to take a late breakfast before departure and went down to the buffet style room at 9.30am. What a mistake! The main room was so busy that they opened a function room as an over flow. It was awful and decided to wait until we could get in the main room which in hindsight I really wish we hadn't. It was like a plague of locusts had spread through, what is best described as a cafeteria. No glasses or cups were available so paper and plastic cups replaced them. No staff managing the food meant a disgusting mess to deal with to get one of the worst hotel breakfasts I have had. Not to mention the fact that they had run out most the items. On a serious note I had to intervene to prevent a young child burning himself on the conveyor belt style toaster and again when another went to play with the tap on the hot water tea urn. This needs addressing urgently as someone will get hurt.

This is clearly a hotel that caters for the Legoland family crowd and as recent reviewer has stated, akin to that of a Spanish holiday resort. That is except the Spanish resort seems know what they are doing to look after large numbers of people. This hotel doesn't.

I will say that that staff in the hotel were always polite. But they seemed to be sorely let down by management under resourcing the key areas for staff interaction.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MAB70
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very good and friendly hotel, good service at the reception, restaurant and bar. Free use of the gym and swimming pool.
Location is very nice in combination with the old building structure. And just a couple of minutes from Egham.

Room Tip: Ask for Rose at the reception, see help you very nice to get a good room
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Thank you for your excellent review, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.