“Family Meal”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Youngest son and partner treated my wife and self to an excellent meal as a thank you.
The ambience and service was far better than we expected and all that with a meal from heaven.

1  Thank Pete W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Things have changed and thankfully, it’s still one of the best places in the south west. The four of us had a great lunch. The team were also spot on! Can’t wait to go again... make sure there is a sirloin with my name on it!

2  Thank Dom M
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We had heard lots of great things about this place but were sadly disappointed. The service wasn’t great, the menu very uninspiring with no specials, area upstairs was soul less and the food was pretentious without substance. Ordered the lamb which sounded the best on the menu, but it came with ONE tiny potato and one microscopic carrot, a teaspoon of purée and the same of the jus and a slice of undercooked cabbage. The lamb was well cooked but over seasoned.

2  Thank csp14
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and the staff were great! Love this Gastro Pub! We need to support our local community and keep them alive from the corporate machine.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived and had to wait ages to be seated. The arrival area at the Treby Arms is really small so we were left waiting by the door. The mother’s day menu consisted of a choice of three starters, three mains and three sweets. Whilst I expect a set menu on Mother’s Day I was expecting more than three choices. On the positive side it was only £25. Food was ok but nothing special. Everything was well cooked apart from my pork which was really tough. Service was lack lustre to begin with but our waiter eventually brightened up. If this was my first time at the Treby Arms I might have thought it ok but having visited last year and had the tasting menu and superb service this was such a disappointment. Go there expecting a pub lunch but don’t go there expecting the Michelin star experience, this is now just a local pub serving reasonably priced food. We won’t be returning which is a shame as I so loved the old Treby.

2  Thank Kazzycoombe