“don't go out of your way...”
Review of Chocolate Cafe

Chocolate Cafe
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Ramsbottom
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We came here on Good Friday with my partner and his family. I think the food is extremely over priced (£7 for a cheese toastie) and was definitely nothing special. The young girl who originally served us was very pleasant but another girl who served us was extremely rude. They didn't move our plates from our table when we were finished eating.
Me and my partner ordered a "chocolate tasting platter" which was £6 - the chocolate wasn't very nice at all.. as it is called "the chocolate cafe" I was expecting some luxurious chocolate.. and considering the price.

We definitely wouldn't go back here and definitely because we don't live close by.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I enjoyed my fudge cake and a Mint Chocolate Mocha (I actually said milk chocolate mocha when I ordered- but it was very yummy so I am pleased I was misunderstood as I would never have thought to try this combination otherwise) I wouldn't make a special trip out but if I am in the area again it is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I've been here several times when friends are making the choice of venue. Nice idea for a cafe, but it's a tourist trap. Food is expensive (£7.50 for a toasted sandwich) and low quality (they don't seem to be able to even toast a tea cake successfully), service is slow and the tables are cramped. An interesting range of hot chocolate drinks, if they make it to your table while still warm. Impossible to get the kids to have anything healthy, but I guess that's to be expected.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I have been going to the chocolate cafe at least monthly (often 2-3 times each school holiday too) for many years now but I'm afraid my love affair with it is over. The last two times we went, making our usual 30 min journey, the cafe was closed unexpectedly early. The first time they said they have run out of food and the second time they said it was due to staff illness. Whilst I sympathize with unexpected events and can forgive one unexpected closure, twice in a month is a bit much. The problem is that we make a special long journey to get there so I just can't keep doing this for a place that seems to keep random opening hours (however good the hot chocolate). On both occasions I explained that we had travelled a long way and had checked the websites opening hours, had arrived in plenty of time (more than two hours before last orders) but there was little they would offer expect 'sorry'. Perhaps a voucher to encourage us to return might have made good business sense.

My feeling is that they are too busy really and thus can afford to lose us as regular customers. they certainly don't seem to have the same customer focus as they used to with the old owners.

Anyway, if you are in the area, and manage to get in, enjoy. Just don't make a special visit as you may be disappointed. I will miss the choc cafe and our trips to Rammy but it's time to find another choc emporium for us.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a quick coffee whilst wandering through Ramsbottom. The cakes looked amazing so we both had a cake with our coffee and hot chocolate.