Travelodge Stansted Bishops Stortford Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
  • Restaurant
George Hotel(Bishops Stortford)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Little Hallingbury Mill(Little Hallingbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsbishops stortfordstansted airporttravel lodgesat navan early flightquiet locationclose to the airportmanor houseplenty of parkingovernight stopgood nights sleeproom was largecomfortable bedstayed one nightreception staffnight stayfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am a regular visitor here and I have to say I always very much enjoy my stays at this scenic and spacious hotel. During my most recent stay here with my partner, I experienced my first hotel fire evacuation and I have to say; it was done with calmness and total professionalism! Myself and my other half even helped out Cleo, who was the night receptionist, get everyone out in a timely and calm manner. We spoke to the guests outside and gave some of the children our fleeces, and just reassured them that everything would be sorted ASAP! It was also comforting to know that the Assistant Manager, William, arrived to help get everyone safety back inside the building. Again it’s reassuring to know that you can rely on management in times of emergency! I believe that if your employees are calm, the guests will be too and we very much appreciated that. Thank you for making us feel safe! :)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent 3 days spent here.
Rooms clean and tidy.
Excellent staff , very friendly, helpful.
Tried the breakfast for the first time and was presently surprised with the quality of the food.
Close to the airport and bishop stortford.
Book in advance and you will get a good deal.
I would like a shout out for Sharon,Kim,will and Victoria.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricky G
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night prior to our Stansted flight, 10 March 2018.

Room was ok and bed was comfortable but what I can't understand is how Travelodge can justify the "mark up" and misleading descriptions on some of the products they sell.
For example: £1.70 for 500ml water from the machine in reception, (Travelodge will probably say, oh! it's not our machine) They charge on average £9 for a £3 Chigago Town pizza , £4.05 for a £1. 25 bottle of Hobgoblin beer, £9 for the most measly portion of "Sharwoods?" Tikka Masala with a small tea cup of rice and what is laughingly called a "flame Grilled Naan Bread, £9 for a portion of Chilli Nachos with the tiniest amount of chilli con carne and I'm convinced that their food is NOT prepared from scratch. No way do I believe that their "Vinegar Infused Battered Fish" is anything more than the cheapest piece of pre-frozen rubbish! Whoever wrote the wonderful descriptions on their evening menu deserves a "Purlitzer" Prize for fiction! I'm not entirely naive, I know they have to make a profit but at least ensure the food is good. This is probably why Travelodge can offer bargain priced rooms (and they are good) they rip us off with everything else!

Room Tip: Avoid eating dinner!
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice and comfortable airport hotel. Taxi seemed expensive to say how close it was to airport, about £20! Rooms were of a good size and clean. Food was typical microwave options but ok. Hotel is isolated so no walking to local vilage or shops

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed during the horrible adverse weather and booked last minute at a good price.

Room was clean, spacious and team very kind and caring.

We called beforehand to let hotel know we would be late and they kindly added a note to our booking. When we arrived after midnigt we greeted by a nice kind hearted lady who also offered us food and drink options in the bar.

Good value. Good Service. Good Stay