All reviews rooftop cafe hot water climbing stairs room service main road chai great view top floor clean rooms comfortable stay triund trek mountain view great hospitality deluxe room home away from home delicious food dalai lama
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

With due respect, would like to say an average Guest house.

Food is good and environment is friendly.

Location makes it worst for family with kids. Around 100 steps to reach hotel and even to an ordinary room.

Not worth.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Javid B, Manager at Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Dear Deepak,
Apologies for your inconvenience. We understand that the steps always pose a problem for families. This is why we always include this information in all our communication so that our guests can make an informed choice. It is the location of Pink House that allows for its splendid views and when you visit the hills there is always climbing down or up involved. We also offer to help with alternate stay in case the steps are getting in your way. We do hope you took away good memories of our city.

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Pink House for 3 nights as I needed a break from travelling solo through India for a bit of R&R as I was quite exhausted.

It was very clean however I found the Pink House to be very noisy. There is zero soundproofing here. There was a wedding that went in for 1 night (all night) during my stay in the valley which was not the Pink Houses fault but the building echos ALOT. The staff need to take more care running around and slamming doors and yelling down the hall. I was in room 302 and the noise from upstairs comes straight to your room and you could hear the staff banging away in the kitchen and the staff live opposite my room so they were all yelling off balcony’s at each other and playing their music really loud. This is all fine during the day but the staff do this late at night when you are trying to sleep so my entire stay I didn’t get the rest I came here for.

Other than that it was basic but very clean and the views are incredible. The staff are lovely and you can have breakfast upstairs or they bring to your room. There are over 100 steep stairs from the road to the Pink House but you get used to them quickly.

I would stay here again but would request the bottom floor and not in the side of the staff accommodation.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Outstanding views from the terrace. Comfortable, clean, affordable. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly, and very helpful in assisting us with hiking plans. The food was good as well! We so enjoyed ourselves that we extended our stay by three nights!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank nicabol
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Rooms were as shown in here. Overall tlthe hotel was Clean, Cozy and most of the rooms had some great mountain views. Staff was very friendly, made arrangements for my Triund trip and they also guided me about the places to visit. Overall a great experience. I recommend this place for all types of trips be it solo, family or friends. My only feedback is if you can better manage the check-in time for guests who arrive early morning by buses it will be great.

1  Thank kundalg
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Loved this place. Stunning views, vibrant colour everywhere and, yes, there ARE plenty of stairs but they make no secret of this and I like to think it means that you've earned the coffee and cake that you will no doubt be indulging in during your stay in Mcleod Ganj! It was a perfect base for anywhere you could want to visit in the area, the staff were all friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious AND cheap. I would recommend treating yourself and booking the rooms with views because the views really are incredible. The staff kindly arranged airport pickup for me as well as booking an onward taxi for me, which meant I didn't need to worry about anything but enjoying my stay, which I most certainly did!

2  Thank Helen W