“dinner with friends ”
Review of Fratelli & Co

Fratelli & Co
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

we went there last night and we have been served by Angelo which he made the dinner with the right atmosphere of italian restaurant.love the moustache.
we had antipasto to start and then risotto seafood which was amazing and we loved veal saltimbocca too.
thank you and see you soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We decided to try somewhere new for my elderly mother’s birthday. Everyone agreed on after reading the menu that Fratelli would make a nice change. We rocked up for Saturday lunch - not many around given the Easter weekend. We chose to sit inside - quite a nice layout - except for a particularly noisy group who thought it OK to have their devices set at ear splittingly loud.

Given the varied ages at our table it was to be expected that we would also vary widely in our choices. Some of the table chose the shared seafood platter which seemed to go down well although it could have been a bit more generous at $39.95 per person. The seafood risotto was generous on rice but not so much on the amount of seafood - really could have done with a few more prawns and mussels etc but was still enjoyed. The beetroot gnocchi looked good but lacked a bit of grunt in terms of flavour - one of the party was particularly disappointed that it didn’t include any bits of roasted beetroot in the dish.

The rigatoni and lamb ragu was flavoursome but also on the minimal side in terms of amount, with the ragu needing a bit more depth. The meat lovers pizza didn’t quite meet the expectations of its eater - I think they were expecting less exotic meats but looked really good to the rest of us. Garlic bread was generous and delicious.

Dessert seemed to be enjoyed by all particularly the tiramisu but disappointing that cannoli were advertised but not available. Staff were very warm and friendly and unendingly patient especially with the demands of the older members of the group even going so far as adding a birthday candle to the tiramisu. Very nice.

Overall OK on the day - happy to give it another try.

1  Thank Cecelia C
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I had lunch here for a birthday. There were 12 of us, but apart from that the place wasn't very busy (there were two tables already eating when we got there and a family came in halfway through).

We ordered a main each and some sides and then we got coffee and some got desserts.

I had the pasta special - beetroot infused gnocchi. It didn't really taste like beetroot but was still delicious. Two at the table got the seafood platter which looked okay although they later said it was disappointing; two others got the lamb ragu dish. It didn't really look like a ragu and the serving was quite small for "giant rigatoni". My brother got the seafood risotto - he said it was nice but the seafood you get with it was quite minimal for what you are paying (almost $30).

I got the tiramisu for dessert and it was probably the best I've had outside of the ones my family make. The gelato looked nice and my cousin said her nutella gnocchi were very good.

The servers were very friendly but got our orders confused a bit - not sure how given we were the only table there but they were happy enough to rectify the issue and we didn't have problems with the receipt.

The only thing that really ruined the ambiance for us was a kid in the restaurant playing a video on his mother's phone at the loudest possible setting. We would have said something had the owner/manager not been sitting with the dad chatting the whole time (not saying anything).

Overall was a little disappointing but will hopefully come again to try something else - happy for my mind to be changed!!

1  Thank spuffy_c
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Held my wedding reception here, and they were amazing. The food was delicious, timing for each course was perfect and the service was impeccable. Have been here a number of times since, in a group and as a couple, and the quality of both food and service has been amazing every time. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

From the moment you walk in the door you are transported to Italy.
It is authentic Italian cuisine with a twist.
We were a large group and we ordered their their antipasto boards. They were loaded with delicious fresh mouth watering food - brilliant!