Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$17
All reviews useful information steps hut jungle boat motorbike nature bohol insects river locals flashlight tagbilaran vibe
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2020

I stayed with friends. We all shared the cabins 2 each. I had 1 single and 1 double bed in my cabin. I really like this place, it was different from any other place I had stayed ever. The best way by far to get to Nuts Huts is by boat from Loboc, it is a beautiful journey for 1 mile. They knew we were coming and gave us the keys on arrival by boat. After dropping the bags we had to go up the very long stairs to check in. I enjoyed the exercise of going up the never ending stairs, and it is such a beautiful location that it doesn't matter - it feels you are in the middle of the jungle! The road between the main road and Nuts Huts is awful, we used it when we hired scooters but I don't think a car would be able to go down there. It is about 15 minutes walk from the main road to Nuts Huts if you get dropped off.
I had about 3 meals and loved everything I ordered. The food better and cheaper than what we got in a restaurant in Loboc village.
This is a quiet place, no parties. The room was clean, there was some wood dust on my bed but that is understandable in that sort of rustic place.
Nuts Huts definitely offers value for money.

Room tip: All cabins are very similar, you might want to ask for a cabin near the stairs
Reviewed March 6, 2020

We had the best time ever staying at Nut Huts. We stayed for 4 nights and did not want to leave. All the staff were amazing, especially Lily who organised everything for us from kayaking to tours around the island. We will definitely be back in a few years!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2020

Upon check in they inform you there's no internet by choice and the lodges are low waste, low energy but every drink is served with a straw and we had to request several times and explain why we wanted to to refill water bottles rather than buying more and more plastic bottles. Many other places only use bamboo straws and water is part of the price and plastic waste is minimized. I found this contradiction astounding since the entire island of Bohol does not recycle plastic.

If they fix this it would be a great low-waste eco-lodge.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2020

The restaurant is really cheap, with really quiet atmosphere. The food is good and great for famílies, couples or friends. They have a nice view over the river and it is lovely to read there. They also can help if you want to rent kayaks from that same spot. It is just a little far from the Road and there is no Wi-Fi, but if you are looking to chill and disconnect this is the Best spot.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2020 via mobile

We stayed at Nuts Huts (NH) for 3 nights while in Bohol.

When approaching the location down the 800m track, far more off road than road!, we did wonder what would greet us at the end of the bumpy ride but weren’t disappointed by any means.

The accommodation of a wooden hut and private shower room had all the basics required, electric, water and fixed mozzie nets but it was the location and service that made the visit so memorable.

Ideally placed for trips to Loboc, the Chocolate Mountains, zip lining and the Tarsier sanctuary (Corella), all through using a hired Scooter arranged by NH as well using the kayaks onsite to go up and down the river, we did regret not having an extra day or 2 to explore more.

The on-site restaurant provides great value, tasty, freshly prepared food throughout the day.

Definitely worth a visit just to experience the location and ‘jungle’ setting, but be prepared for lots of steps!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple