2,786 results
All reviews mango pool panoramic room sala bar chom talay restaurant beach bag happy hour charm thai restaurant horizon deluxe pool bar hill side shuttle bus shuttle service flip flops mobility issues main restaurant tuk tuk egg station
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed at the Mandarava resort last week with my mum for my birthday. I can not thank the staff enough for everything they did and how welcoming they made us feel. To the ladies at the spa, our massages were incredible, thank you so much for helping us to relax during our vacation.
Also a huge thank you for my surprise birthday cake that was waiting in our room when we returned after dinner. I will definitely be staying there again when I go back to Thailand, it was clean, had loads of services available and the staff could not do enough to make our stay any more comfortable.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank laggilbert
The Management M, Manager at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Khun laggilbert,

Thank you for a very nice comments shared. Happy to read you have had a wonderful time and will stay again when come back to Phuket.

Please feel free to contact us to support you with your next holidays plan when ready.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great looking hotel with great facilities but service from hotel staff could be improved. Buggy service and baggage handling service guys are excellent. Restaurant staff can improve their communication skills. Overall just a big resort catering to large Chinese tour groups mainly, hence lack of Thailand unique identity. Ok for few nights in Karon

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Babosaurus

Dear Khun Babosaurus,

Thank you for your holidays feed back shared. Nice to read you enjoyed the stay. We have taken notes of your constructive comments for an improvement.

Look forward to serve you again for coming future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Mandarava for our honeymoon using the Groupon special. Upon arrival our room was beautifully decorated and had a bottle of bubbly. We cannot recommend this resort enough. It was private, peaceful and relaxing nestled away in a rainforest like environment. The resort is walking distance to Karon Beach and the local shops and restaurants. All the facilities are great, especially the option to use all 5 of the pools and pool bars. I used the Cheeva Spa and had the most amazing facial. Despite using a Groupon voucher, the resort is great value for money. We most definitely will be back. All the staff were super lovely and accommodating. Thank you

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie D
The Management M, Manager at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Khun Katie D,

Thank you for a nice review shared. Happy to read you enjoyed the stay and hotel is met with your expectation.

Look forward to serve you again for coming future.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This resort is build on a hilly base so you can actually see that the units are from bottom to top, and of course at the top it offers a spectacular view of the karon beach and sunset. The compound is beautiful and the surrounding is very relaxing.

Experience:
We are here for my partner birthday celebration.
So the hiccups
1) Upon checking into the unit, the card didn’t work, so they went to and forth the lobby and we had to open and close the door to allow them to test the electronic lock 3-4 times. Waste time.
2) the pool bar staff was rude, I went into the pool and wanted to ask what’s on the 50% happy hour drink, he answered but very grumpy I don’t feel welcome at all.
3) The aircond water suddenly leak and at least 150-200ml of water just dripped into my luggage bag, there goes 1/3 of my dry cloths 2 hours after check in. Waste time to dry my cloths.

That night itself I went to the front desk and complaint and we ask for any compensation for all this trouble but they mention will to raise to the management first. We didn’t pursue further till next day afternoon.

Then the next day the 4th hiccup happened, around noon the engineering team came all of the sudden and knock the door and tried to repair the door ( which is actually still working ) during our stay and my partner is bathing, it’s so difficult to move around. There’s no call to inform us on this. That was the border line for us and we went straight to the lobby and demanded an explanation and compensation.

So, the manager ( lady ) and her assistant name May did all the talking. So we were offered an upgrade from our Panaromic view to I think it was the Coral Deluxe, and late check out on the last day. They even made a nice flower deco on the bed to apologise and a small birthday cake. They also feedback on us the incident at the pool. So, well done on the recovery it was excellent.

Pros:
1) Very relaxing and quite
2) Much of a facilities are provided and I love that they have 5 Swimming pool
3) Lovely view

Cons:
1) Staff may need some patience.

Overall it was an awesome experience and I will return here again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
The Management M, Manager at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Khun Anndeechoong,

Thank you for your PROS and CONS feed back shared. Terribly sorry for all inconvenience caused, however happy to read you enjoyed the stay and will return again.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

2nd Time at Mandarava and it was as good as the first. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are so spacious and the pools are gorgeous and clean. We had a problem with our pick up, but they were great, as they offered us a free return to the airport. We would love to come back and bring our family. We hope to see you next year Mandarava, keep doing what you doing, it's a terrific resort :)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rubylouby

Dear Khun rubylouby,

Thank you for your nice review shared. Sorry for an inconvenience caused, however happy to read you enjoyed the stay and will return again.