“Elegant Restaurant, perfect for a romantic dinner”

Hostellerie des Clos
Reserve with
Hostellerie des Clos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Chablis
Price range: US$41 - US$105
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2018

A very elegant and formal restaurant set in this hotel, which is Michelin recommended for Chablis cuisine. We were passing through Chablis en route to the Loire Valley and wanted a taste of the wines paired with a meal, and found this to be the perfect place in which to tantalise our tastebuds. It is a really formal restaurant albeit with elegant décor and would have been more appropriate for dinner, I can imagine the atmosphere to be very cosy as it does have a romantic ambience.

However, we had a table in a beautiful corner with a view of the garden and lunchtime worked out fine as well. They do offer food and wine pairings and unfortunately we were not staying in the area, and my husband was driving and so we didn't have the opportunity to try these. We went for the a la carte menu and chose some recommended dishes and paired these with a glass of Chablis. I chose the pike perch sealed on its skin, vegetable butter with Chablis and it was delicious. My husband went for the Beef Medallions which came with a pinot noir reduction and he thoroughly enjoyed his meal. My only regret is not having enough time in Chablis to sample the food and wine pairings. My tip would be to visit this restaurant for dinner especially if you are staying in Chablis!

Noemie V, Directeur général at Hostellerie des Clos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear guests, thank you for your comments which help us to improve our service.
We are delighted to read that you appreciated our restaurant and our hotel.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The Hotel:
The hotel lacked luggage service but the desk staff did try to help.
Our room was in annex.
We were told upon booking several months ago that this was best since we had a car and the annex had parking.
Oddly enough the parking at main hotel was more than sufficient.
The room itself was small but adequate. It was clean and in very good shape.
When we checked in they made it a point to say that we would enjoy the beautiful garden.
Unfortunately, our room had no view of the garden.
Finally, we were leaving the hallway immediately outside of our room was blocked by an errant and unmanned vacuum cleaner! LOL.
Would not stay again if there is a good alternative.

The Michelin star restaurant.
Service fair at best.
Throughout dinner there was no attempt to communicate with us, only with our French speaking guest.
For a stared restaurant (actually for any restaurant) the food was generally below standard, fussy, poorly plated, and not served hot. On one of my dishes the my sauce crusted, ugh!
Not at all satisfactory, especially at a cost of 95 Euro's.
Cannot recommend and will not return.

Dear Sir,
We have no service luggage in the hotel, It is the person of the reception who helps the customers if necessary.
Our bigger rooms are the superior rooms, located in the Domaine William Fevre.
We have no rooms with a view on the gardden, because we have no garden.
We are sorry that you did not appreciate our meals.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We had lunch at Hostellerie des Clos on our way from Paris to Beaune.
I fell in love with the town of Chablis (I already have with the wine) and enjoyed purchasing wine and strolling the streets post lunch.

I liked the restaurant and the food was pretty good; it did not blow our minds but we did have a nice lunch. Their wine list is dense with a solid representation of Chablis; we enjoyed the Raveneau.

I am not sure I would go back to the restaurant but I would possibly stay at their hotel and of course return to Chablis.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We were invited for a lunch and that was impressive/ Very beautiful place with ideal service - serving wine and dishes was incredibly in time and the waiters were friendly and smiling! Delicious food and luxury atmosphere!

Noemie V, Directeur général at Hostellerie des Clos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear guests, thank you for your so much comments which help us to improve our service.
We are delighted to read that you appreciated our restaurant.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

During our Chablis visit, we wanted to visit the Hostellerie des Clos.
A brilliant welcome by a very service oriented staff. Our table was delicate, the interior in the restaurant was really nice.All tables were booked, so a busy night for the waiters.
We chose a lobster menu. And what a fantastic dinner we were served.
Three very different lobster courses (in total one lobster) and some delicious cheese from the well equipped cheese trolley. My favorite was the lobster salad.Wow!! I add some pictures to better describe one of the best lobster dinners ever. If not the best! Highly recommend this great atmosphere, this beautiful restaurant, romantic and just very nice. And to the waiters: you are great. We were taken care of from the very first minute, elegantly and professionally. Thanks!

Noemie V, Directeur général at Hostellerie des Clos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

We are delighted to read that you appreciated our restaurant.