“Rude staff and horrible food !!!”

Ocean Front Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in La Mata
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We went for a nice lunch down by the seafront in la mata , we ordered two small beers and they both came out cloudy and tasted awful ask to change them and the woman said they were fine and it was the new barrel they were not fine and I asked her to taste it , She reluctantly took the beers back. I ordered a tuna salad and my husband had chicken , the salad was delivered to our table the lettuce was limp and had seen better days ,but the worse was the eggs they were grey ,completely grey no white or yellow ,I picked them out and put them on the side, but by this time I was completely put off the food......even a couple sat next to us couldn’t believe how bad they looked .I ask the waiter if he thought it Acceptable to serve eggs like this ,he took them away , then they ignored us for about 20 minutes even though I was trying to attract their attention when the lady eventually did come over I told her I was not paying for the salad , she asked me where I came from, I asked what has my race got to do with you giving me bad food and she asked again where I originally came from and then she sneered at me and said “oh your English aren’t you and you are just after a free meal” even though 90% was left on the plate ...so not only did they serve me inedible food , the woman was racist towards me ..... I am a person that is easily pleased all I wanted was a fresh salad I’ve been coming to Torrevieja for many years and never had to complain in any restaurant , but this was the worst experience I have had in a long time and the customer service was completely appalling .... avoid at all costs.☹️☹️

Reviewed 17 March 2018

first visit had a reasonably good menu del dia. second visit with friends was disappointing. The pan ali oli was home made and very nice though not much bread to go with it. Also had to wait quite awhile for it. The overall staff service was slow and almost surly. Not very attentive considering it was a cold day and the place was empty. My 'chicken' soup was more like tomato with little bits of chicken. The russian salad starter was far too salty. The lasagne was not very hot and also was too salty. The pizza was greasy and oily with a soft gooey base, obviously not baked and most probably microwaved- but the staff argued about it and just took the pizza away- no offer of another dish and no reduction in the bill. When we commenrted on leaving their attitude was ' oh well, no problem'. Well, they wont see us again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I eated some very good quality indian food here,the staff is very friendly ,food excellent,prices very good ,nice location on the la mata beach,even people around me are enjoying their food ,youcan eat several dishes from different countries,like indian, mexican but also spanisch ,they even do a breakfast in the morning

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped off for a coffee here and, as it was lunchtime, decided to sample the menú del día. It is located right on the edge of the beach. The two options, both €9,90, were Indian and a more traditional Spanish. There were several Spanish customers too. The staff were Indian so we went for that food option. It included the standard popadums and pickles, a basic starter (we had onion bhaji and mushroom pakora), a choice of mainly chicken mains (we had tikka masala and madras), a drink and coffee / dessert. It was all decent, appeared to have been cooked from scratch and plenty for a lunchtime. It was disappointing at the end when we went to pay with our card that the woman (owner?) insisted on cash only. This is not what you expect from a food place these days and soured the experience for me as she seemed to have an unfortunate attitude. There are plenty of other eateries so I would not return here despite the food and location.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

The nicest Indian food I've had in 15 years of living in spain will definately return.perfect surroundings as well