“Bright and welcoming ”
Review of Gutz Cafe

Gutz Cafe
Ranked #79 of 319 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Description: Gutz Cafe is one of the oldest food bars on Brunswick Street. Previously serving the many industrial workers of the surrounding areas dating back as far as the great depression, it has been operating as Gutz Cafe since 1998 with resident Chef Max sprucing the bar into one of the tastiest Australian food bars with a traditional Turkish twist. Family owned and run, the staff care about everything that happens. You must try the flavorsome, burgers, focaccia's and wraps. As for the breakfast's, you only have to taste it to believe it.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

You're spoilt for choice with the amount of restaurants and cafes in this area. We randomly decided to try Gutz.
Bright, lovely decorated and welcoming staff. Nice menu with lots on offer. Our group had the meatball wrap and veg wraps and teas and coffees. All were delicious but would of been nice for them to be served with a leaf salad or some kind of garnish instead of lumped onto the plate. Coffee was nice and this was the first ever coffee I've been served without any art (I'm not bothered but thought was interesting as it's the city of coffee).
Please fix the leak in the male toilet, when you flush it sprays out water and gets the floor soaking wet.
Would return.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

With hungry tummies, we stumbled across Gutz Cafe looking for brunch. What a find!

Greeted with very happy & friendly staff, we were immediately seated, provided with water and menus, and to my little mans delight offered a baby chino.

We ordered Peppermint Tea, a Strawberry Milkshake and two different meals off the breakfast menu. They were more than accommodating to eliminate the eggs from one of the dishes, and replace with Smoked Salmon instead. Prices very reasonable too.

The atmosphere was inviting, the cafe clean and tidy, and the meals very satisfying! Would return here again if we had the opportunity.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Ordered the full traditional turk breakfast. Huge servings, fresh and great service. What more would you want. Love Brunswick st

2  Thank Brett H
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

There's a friendly family feel to this local coffee shop on Brunswick Street. They've managed to avoid the worst hipsterfication and serve good food and coffee without most of the neighborhood's, by now predictable, signature quirkiness.
Don't miss the salty caramel cheesecake if you are looking for sweets, or the salmon/poached eggs/rosti breakfast thing (can't remember the name) if savory is your thing.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We went to this cafe on Saturday while walking around Brunswick. The cafe it's all has a great ambience. We ordered for chicken parmigiana and vegetarian burger. As a customer I always expect staff to take my orders and bring it as per my requirements as I am a strict Hindu vegetarian. When my order came in I thought nothing of it until I had a bite and realised it was meat. I questioned the waitress, to my horror she very casually said it was cheeseburger(beef). I don't think the restaurant caters to or understands religious diet. The staff need to be more culturally sensitive therefore better training needs to be imparted. At the end of the day I got a free tea and had paid for the rather unpleasant bitter experience. I won't be back to this restaurant again.