“Best Restaurant I have been too, globally!”
Review of Cutler & Co

Cutler & Co
Ranked #4 of 333 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 17 November 2017

So I performed some research and came across the Cutler and Co. Restaurant and was instantly hooked from a few pictures and the menu description. Upon arrival to the restaurant with my partner we were greeted and lead to our table past the open kitchen at the front of the restaurant, which is unique itself. The waiter staff were extremely professional and helpful and provided great humor! We ordered the degustation menu for $150 pp and it everything was beyond exquisite. From the home made bread with two different types of house made butter, too the delicious duck and the mouth watering pork. To top it all off there was a dessert appetizer and three desserts! This was certainly great value for money and provided an unbelievable fine dining experience. To add, the setting was very casual but still intimate and romantic and the bartender staff were also terrific however the amaretto sour's weren't the best I've had (only slight mishap). Overall, best restaurant I have been to and will definitely return next time in Melbourne.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We weren't expecting to have the degustation and matching wines but we're sure glad we did! A fabulous meal with excellent service - we will be back!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We celebrated my birthday & our wedding anniversary (which are 3 days apart) with the degustation dinner & matched wines and were delighted with the food, wine & service. Both the person showing us to our table, and our wait person Hannah, acknowledged the events we were celebrating (and the final dessert came complete with a candle!) Hannah was excellent at explaining everything and was more than happy to substitute the suckling pig with the fish for me and also the red wine with the rose as the accompaniment for the duck. Stand out dish of the night for me was the WA Marron & spring vegetable salad - the flavours were so fresh & just sang on your palate! Hannah was very attentive and even noticed when we needed a break to "catch up" with the wines. Only down side was the noise level, but that did subside as the night went on and 2 of the larger tables left. All in all a splendid evening.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Had heard great things about Cutler & Co but would have to say I was a little disappointed with my experience. The staff were excellent but I thought the food was only ok. Dined in the private dinner room but still difficult to hear each other. Still an ok experience but I just expected to be rating this restaurant a 4 or 5, not 3.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My partner and I celebrated our first anniversary here last week, with a truly wonderful evening. The staff were welcoming and attentive but not at all intrusive. As we passed through the open kitchen to get to our table in the back section we were even greeted by the kitchen staff. Our waitress Hannah was delightful and made us feel very special. She explained each course and was very knowledgeable at helping us to decide what to order. The food itself was like a work of art! Not only was it complex, multi layered and extremely delicious but it was so beautifully plated. Upon finding out that we intended to share each of the dishes we ordered, we were pleasantly surprised that Hannah had organised for each meal to be plated in half serves so that we didn't have to swap plates half way through. A nice touch! The complimentary palate cleanser of tangy passion fruit sorbet before dessert was very much appreciated. My favourite dishes were the Moreton bay bugs, roasted suckling pig and chocolate delice but all of the food was of an incredibly high standard and could not be faulted. Overall a perfect evening and one which we hope to repeat again soon.