“Unparalleled dining experience ”
Review of Anada

Anada
Ranked #15 of 326 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Melbourne is known for its amazing dining experiences, and Anada is definitely one of the best. From the food, to the service, to the ambience - I cannot rate this place highly enough! We ordered the tasting menu and every thing that we were served was just delicious. We had the pork belly, barramundi, lamb cutlets, croquettes, scallops, jamon, sweet corn soup with spanner crab, churros, crema catalana, and orange sherbet. I was seriously impressed by the flavours and everything was so beautifully presented. The servers were also extremely knowledgeable about both the food and drinks menus, and were kind enough to make some changes to the tasting menu as our friend was pregnant and couldn't eat raw oysters. The waitress also recommended a particular port for me to end the meal with, which was delightful. Considering I only paid $120 for all that food and alcohol, I would also say it was brilliant value. I am now waiting till my next visit to Melbourne so I can come back here. Highly recommended to anyone with good taste!

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Was challenged by colleagues to find a great place for dinner, after a little research I booked here- we weren't disappointed. The food was fresh varied and delicious- the staff were attentive- food prices were reasonable. The brisket was amazing almost like beef cheeks which fell apart with tenderness with a charred exterior

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I had dinner here and I cannot praise these guys enough for the lovely service and fantastic food. There is room at the bar that's great for solo diners like myself, and the tapas menu is fun with lots of variety. I'd also recommend the interesting and unique wine list with a range of local and Spanish wines. Their specialty is sherry and if you're feeling adventurous, get a recommendation for a delicious savoury variety with the tapas.

1  Thank 234Robyn
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Started with a couple of cocktails, the New Spain and the Flor de Jerez. The New Spain is a well balanced Mezcal based cocktail, and the Flor de Jerez a run sherry and apricot liqueur cocktail that has an excellent balance of flavours.

We chose a selection of tapas to start, the olives are amazingly good, the Sydney Rock oysters with harissa and shallots were a taste explosion, the Hervey Bay scallops were delicious, but I wish restaurants would serve them with the roe.

The quail is a great combination of flavours and cooked to perfection. The best of all the tapas was the Bone Marrow with Ox Tongue, if you haven't tried bone marrow then this is the place to try it, you will not be disappointed.

We then shared the Pork Belly which was unctuous, and the skin was served in two ways, deep fried, so it was like a more delicious prawn cracker and also left on the belly which had a great crunch. The potatas bravas had just the right level of paprika and the baby cos with heart-of-palm and mandarin salad provided a delicious palate cleanse.

To drink we chose the Maidenii Vermouth which was well suited to the strong flavours.

We finished up with a dessert tasting plate. More restaurants should embrace this concept as too often you look at the dessert menu and find it difficult to choose, here at Anada, the tasting plate includes all the desserts on the menu, and they are all superbly executed dishes. PX 1986 and Old & Plus 35yo were wonderful selections to complement the desserts.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is casual which suits its location in Gertrude Street, there is a range of seating options, bar stools at the bar, bar stools at high tables for two or for larger groups there are tables and chairs.

The staff, are very friendly and knowledgeable about both the foods and drinks that they are serving.

All in all, one excellent Spanish restaurant

1  Thank ColinTanya
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Great Tapas restaurant. Order the set menu, make a few changes if you like. No matter what they send out it will be good. The service is excellent and the atmosphere casual and buzzy. A small restaurant but a ream gem. Good Bar selections as well.