“Another visit, another lovely experience”

Quarter Acre Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Levin
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2018

A mothers day lunch we thought, but we were a bit early for that menu, having the brekkie one instead. In saying that we enjoyed timely and well presented food that satisfied the taste buds and didn't leave us wanting. A very well organized experience given the number of diners, and we noted that our table was already booked several more times that day. Friendly helpful staff, as always a repeatable event. In fact when I saw the burgers coming out for those diners on the lunch menu later on my food envy was such that we'll probably be back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Jaffa cheesecake, lemon curd muffin and 2 large coffees $20 can't ask for better. Watching other dishes being served I can only say the portion sizes are very generous. We will be back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Should Manu Fieldel from MKR ever be lucky enough to dine at the Quarter Acre Café and have the New York Strip Steak with the creamy mushroom herb sauce, he definitely won't be uttering the words "where's the sauce" because these guys have nailed the sauce! Had the pleasure to dine here again a couple of weeks ago with friends and even though I ordered the beef burger with the home made fries (which was absolutely delicious), the kitchen very kindly added a pottle of their amazing sauce to my meal (yes, I've had the steak with the sauce before and absolutely raved about it) - and then I got another one as an added bonus! This is what I call attention to detail and great customer service and this, along with the great food and atmosphere, will see us return time and time again. Friends both had the pulled pork sandwich which looked amazing and husband also had the beef burger. A slightly undercooked beef patty was dealt with immediately and with no fuss - and he got some of the famous sauce as well! A jug of the beautiful home-made lemon, lime and bitters and a piece of the famous chocolate cake rounded off a perfect lunch. The Quarter Acre Café never fails to deliver on both quality food and friendly, attentive staff and we very much look forward to visiting again soon. We definitely recommend it as a lovely place to visit and enjoy.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The online menu has changed significantly so needs to be updated.
The pork belly entree was 80% fat so I sent it back. I ordered a small ciabatta garlic bread to replace the pork belly. I received a large. It was great garlic bread but overall the experience was nothing to write home about. No apology about the food was made and the staff were a bit sour after me returning the dish. The calamari entree was very average. The feijoa and apple juice was 40% ice and in a small glass so not at all worth the whopping $4.50. A family member commented that the burger wasn't as good as it normally was, and found the lemon meringue cheesecake so sweet that it was inedible. They also received cream instead of the requested yoghurt with it.

Some good points and some bad points, but overall the experience leaves a lot to be desired and I wouldn't be returning nor recommending to others.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful meal, flounder perfect, BBQ pulled pork burger just right with spicy sauce. Service good in pleasant surroundings.