Review Highlights

via mobile
Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!

Reviewed 5 August 2018
Erika M

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience staying at Chateau de Beaulieu and touring Normandy with Eddie and Sharon Parks. We learned so much about the area and D-Day. Will recommend to anyone about our experience.

Date of experience: September 2018
Edward P, Owner at CDB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

We’re so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it was fun spending time with you and H (Oscar!) We were happy to help arrange your transfer back to Paris too, on such a busy day.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I have told countless people about the incredible experience my family and I had touring the beaches of Normandy with Eddie. We surprised our son, who eats, sleeps, and breathes history, with this trip for his graduation. We spent 3 days with Eddie, who developed a customized tour based on the locations our son wanted to see most. We toured all the beaches, American and British cemeteries, plus so much more! And Sharon was a wonderful host at the fascinating chateau. On top of all that, Eddie had incredible personal stories about his own experiences as a Royal Marine, and shared first-hand recordings from soldiers directly involved in the D-Day invasions. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our time in Normandy.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Lt. Col. Eddie Parks and his wife Sharon were fantastic hosts. They were exceptionally knowledgeable and skilled as tour guides, and I fully endorse them and their services. We loved their chateau. The food was excellent. They were patient and flexible, and did everything in their power to ensure we had a good experience. As much as we enjoyed their tours, we enjoyed even more the time we spent with them in their chateau, and the interesting dinner conversations with them and their other guests from various parts of the world. They provide great tours, but they also provide a unique cultural experience. We have encouraged many of our friends to visit them, and we will continue to do so.

Date of experience: April 2018
Edward P, Owner at CDB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Thank you for your very kind comments, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and helping you to explore and discover Normandy with us.

Very kindest regards
E&S

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Giving Eddie, Sharon, and the Chateau de Beaulieu 5 stars doesn't really do it justice. I've never given a TripAdvisor review before, but I felt like I owed the Parks one after having such a great experience. They were incredibly accommodating. They picked us up and dropped us off at the train station, paid for restaurant lunches, had delicious home cooked breakfast and dinner for us, and hosted happy hour! Both of them were incredibly knowledgeable in their respected tours, some other tour goers (even other tour guides) tried to overhear Eddie's lessons/explanations/stories. He's above and beyond the best! (Sharon was right there with him as well).

You can tell they have a true passion for what they do. They are well prepared and want you to get the most out of the experience, not to mention, they go above and beyond making you feel welcome in their beautiful home.

Honestly, I can't imagine touring Normandy any other way. Eddie and Sharon were spectacular and I highly encourage anyone who is thinking of touring Normandy to use CDB Tours!

Date of experience: December 2017
Edward P, Owner at CDB Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Peter,
Thank you so much for your very kind review, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your family, your mum has sent us a message to say how much your dad enjoyed his first trip out of the US and we’re so pleased that we were able to contribute to his positive “European” experience. Our son and his friends enjoyed socialising with you too, we hope you had time to nap on the train before hitting Paris for New Year! Very kindest regards S&E

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Lieutenant Colonel Edward Parks spent a decorated and distinguished career with the Royal Marines. In that career he learned how to plan, how to time and sequence events, how to train and brief, and how to change plans when weather or road hazards get in the way. He also learned military history, strategy, and tactics. This combines to make Eddie Parks the guy that you want to be your guide to the D-Day landings and the Battle of Normandy. He is the best. Look no further. Book this guy today and stay at his chateau. An amazing package.

Date of experience: October 2017