Wonderful and peaceful place for holidays. The staff was amazing, especially Ms. Joanna who has been very accommodating, prompt on our needs and went an extra mile to make sure we had an enjoyable stay.More
- Free parking
Wonderful and peaceful place for holidays. The staff was amazing, especially Ms. Joanna who has been very accommodating, prompt on our needs and went an extra mile to make sure we had an enjoyable stay.MoreShow less
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and giving our of our team members a commendation. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the wonderful service that we provided!
May you have a great day and we look forward to welcoming you again!
We stayed at Amorita last Feb 2022 for another BEats event and every single time, there’s always something new. I really appreciate how they customize our experience whenever we’re there. Their staff is always smiling, friendly and helpful. Best of all, they have the best food in the island regardless if there’s #BEats or not.
Thank you for giving us feedback on our recently concluded BEats! We're so grateful that you made time to leave a review on how we go the extra mile to make our events unique.
Rest assured that we stay committed to create new ways to make our guests happy, and to make your moments memorable each visit. We hope to see you again!
Hotel has an amazing contemporary design. Rooms are spacious. Golf cart or any ride for Senior Citizens would be helpful especially when it's raining. Staff were very accommodating. Hanzel at the restaurant was very good in attending to customers. The restaurant was busy when we arrived but he took time to find a way for us to be seated.
We are honored to be part of your first Panglao experience! We're happy to know that you had a positive review on the facilities, staff, and overall value of your stay.
Thank you for alloting time to write us a Tripadvisor review and we are looking to welcoming you and your family again at Amorita!
They claim a refund policy that they do not actually honor. I had to cancel due to covid. Now 7 weeks since the cancellation notice, no sign of the $700 deposit and the credit card company contradicts the resort's claim that the refund "has been processed." No such refund has been initiated.
We went on a family holiday in Panglao last May 2022. We stayed at Amorita Resort and booked 5 rooms for 15pax; a two-bedroom garden view villa, 2 sea-view pool villas and 2 junior suite rooms for the duration of our 5day and 4nights stay.
What i can say is that the place was really beautiful with well-appointed rooms. The whole resort is not too big nor too small. Its just the right size that you can consider as a boutique resort. And you can feel exclusivity once you set-foot on the resort. But unfortunately, the good things end there.
- very near airport, about 10mins travel time
- nicely appointed villas and rooms with very nice furniture
- nice toiletries i.e shampoo, lotion, etc
- resort is small, you can easily go around to gym, restaurant, cliff. Very walkable
- very accessible and location is close to other restaurants and convenience stores (a plus if you get tired of food offered by the resort)
- close to Alona beach (approx 10-15min walk)
- feel of exclusivity due to high rate of the resort. Not too many guests.
- some villas have own pool so you can opt not to use the resort’s swimming pool.
- friday afternoon offers Happy Hour where cocktails are free for an hour
- situated on a cliff thus some rooms and the swimming pool have nice view of bohol sea
- very expensive
- the food at the restaurant was a big let-down. Only one restaurant was open during our stay, Saffron and the food was a mix of hits and misses. For me personally, it’s more of a miss. If you messed around a beloved comfort food such as pork sinigang, surely you can bet the restaurant is not good. I think there’s one ingredient that they add to their food that makes it taste weird but it’s not saffron! Pizza is bad, pasta is bad. Fortunately, the resort is close to outside restaurants so we had options. For the whole duration of our stay, aside from the complimentary breakfast, we just had 2 dinners at Saffron, the rest we ordered food from outside.
- hard to call a staff. I don’t know if Amorita is under-manned but if you call and ask for something, it takes too much time and sometimes it doesn’t come at all. There was a crab at our pool and i called to have it removed and it took a while before a staff could come. One time, i asked for some toiletries and it didn’t come at all.
- breakfast can be chaos. Saffron is where you take the complimentary breakfast. Goodluck in asking your waiter for a cappuccino or an egg omelette. I think Amorita is under-manned. We stayed from May 27-31. If you order a coffee, wait for it even if they say they will bring it to your table because they will not! Suggest you eat early so there are only few guests having breakfast. We usually eat around 9am for brunch and most of the guests eat at that time too.
- toiletries comes on pump bottles that are fixed on the shower walls. Housekeeping does not check the bottles if it needs refilling. After 3 days, i ran out of shower gel and i had to call for a refill in the middle of my shower.
- too many mosquitoes. Please pack on your insect repellant. I told the staff about it and was informed that they spray once a week but it’s not enough. There are so many mosquitoes. They have a stagnant water on their featured waterfalls wall that does not operate and it doesn’t help with the mosquito problem. A staff promised to send ‘katol’ but as usual, only promises. It took me 3 follow-ups and 2 days before it was sent to our room.
- no beach front. You need to walk about 15mins to go to Alona beach, a public beach. A very big disappointment.
- staff needs more training. They were very friendly but needs more refinement especially for an upscale resort. Sometimes they can be too loud and lacks finesse in talking with guests.
All in all, i think you’ll not get the most value of your money at Amorita. The place was nice but not the experience.
We thank you for your very detailed review. Exclusivity is definitely one of our strengths, the wide spaces was meant to give you a relaxing vacation. But we are heartbroken and sincerely apologize that our service was not at par to what you have expected.
We have reviewed the date of your stay to see where the lapses in service came up. We continue to correct the service errors, retrain our team and hire additional manpower to supplement the requirements of our growing number of guests. A new Executive Chef is now on board to upgrade our menus and we hope to be able to serve the best dishes once again.
We thank you for the feedback and for helping us to further improve our service.
What a great resort, wide and open. Lots of green. Beautiful views from the restaurant. Near to the beach. Good food for nice prices. The rooms were big and clean. Lovely personal. The massages were good. Just great place for your holiday in the Philippines!
Thank you so much for your 5-star review. We are pleased to learn of your lovely stay with us. Thank you so much for choosing Amorita Resort for your vacation here in Bohol and we hope to welcome you once again in the future.