Lowest prices for your stay
US$70
US$74
Trip.com
US$66
Hotels.comUS$70
PricelineUS$76
FindHotelUS$80
2,233 results
All reviews premier room direct pool access coral cafe pool bar sea breeze alona beach kai spa pool villa breakfast buffet family room pool side ala carte family vacation panglao island visit bohol white sand pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2016

As these clichés go: “manage your expectations” and understand that “you get what you pay for.”

For your information, we stayed for 5 days and 4 nights so I'd like to think that I know what I am talking about.

By any standards, this is large hotel, 400 rooms I believe - the largest in Bohol in fact as I write this review. The hotel is generally nice and new. The site is well-master planned despite the scale. There is an interesting balance with the hotel size, no. of rooms, swimming pool areas, dining facilities and not be mention a proper beachfront on Alona Beach.

At the end of the day, 99% of the time you get what you pay for or worse. So know what you are getting yourselves into and manage your expectations. This is a hotel with plenty of rooms so expect a lot of people. But the resort is well planned with plenty of big swimming pools and a nice beachfront, so you can almost, always find your "sweet (quiet) spot" if that is what you are looking for.

If you are the type who likes to mingle, see people and be seen, Hennan may be okay for you. Lots of people, at least during the time that we went: Caucasians, Koreans, Chinese and of course Filipinos but you never really feel there are too many people except maybe in the main lobby or when there are groups that do not want to break up and where everybody converges – to check-in and out. And this is where the "free-for-all" comes in.

For example, hordes of Chinese decided to play pseudo volleyball in the pool close to our room if I remember correctly around 9pm, and were a bit loud as any crowd would be. I was waiting for hotel management/security to tone them down a bit but no one came nor said anything.

I theorized then that perhaps either somebody needs to complain or if the ball happens to break something (whether hotel or, God forbid, guest property) before the hotel does anything. I myself did not complain because some of my "neighbours" were closer to the action, and thought that if they did not seem to mind I can hold my complaint until the situation becomes intolerable.

Another "free-for-all" example I can point out based on first-hand experience is the amount of people coming in of the hotel's supposedly private/for guests only area. Our room is situated on the ground floor therefore I good vantage of the people going out of the main lobby, to the swimming pool and towards the beach. While I cannot be 100% sure that these people are not hotel guests, I think there are just too many of them (not at the same time but coming and going) and overdressed (for guests of the hotel checked in), walking around, taking pictures/selfies, sitting on the loungers, etc., etc. throughout the day.

And it gets even worse as it gets closer and on the weekend I noticed. Not only are there obviously more people coming in and out, but I think that some foreigners who have local friends, while legitimately checked in, have invite their extended families, not only to loiter around the resort, but worse for me swim in the pools!?! Aren't these facilities exclusive to checked-in guests only?

In relation to this, I noticed that while there is security at the entrance gate, in the private villas and on the beachfront, there seems to be none roaming the main building and swimming pool areas. I'm certain however there are cameras all over and I did not personally experience anything untoward. However, I am of the opinion that if you lose something, while the resort may file a report, I think it would be secondary for them to lift a finger and do something about it.

This brings me to the topic of service and hospitality. while the hotel tries their best to show these traits, I’d say this is not a Shangri-La or Amanpulo. Perfect example, coming from the pool (or beach) I asked the staff where I could get some towels – gladly all of them pointed me in the right direction on where to get these. In more expensive and truly high end, these towels would have been brought to you sometimes without even asking. But please let us realistic, the resorts I mentioned are of a different class and at par with the world’s best.

I can go on and on and focus on the negative, which I have – sorry. But to be fair, I knew what I was getting into. Hotel is good to very good overall. The building, rooms and facilities are all world class. Location is good as well, and has a legitimate beachfront at Alona Beach. Kudos most especially to the type of room we booked, one of the best overall experience that is not a private villa. We would book this again every time.

A few resorts away is Amorita, one of the best ones in Bohol. You can stay there by the way for people who prefer seclusion and privacy, and for those who probably like a more personalised service since guests are much fewer (no beach front though).
Easy to go outside and check the local scene such as a “Bier Garten” right outside the property and half a kilometre away is Giuseppe Pizzeria & Sicilian Roast if you get tired of the hotel food. More adventures await if you are willing to travel farther from your hotel. Except for the whole day city tour, we chose not to.

Would I stay in Hennan again, sure sometime in the future? But I am adventurous and like variety so I would probably try other resorts when back in Bohol. Would I recommend Hennan Resort to friends, family and to you reading this, yes I will. Just remember to please “manage your expectations” & “you get what you pay for (at least in theory that is how the world works).” You have nothing to lose and so much more to gain.

Room tip: Rooms right on pool is great, but will have some drawbacks in terms of privacy. But I would still book these rooms everytime.
Date of stay: May 2016
3  Thank Ar_erice
Henann_Group, Resort Manager at Henann Resort Alona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Dear Eric E,

Thank you for your detailed review of Henann Resort Alona Beach, Bohol.

It is always our goal to provide high quality service and hospitality to all our guests. We truly value guest feedback as we believe this is one best avenue to improve our services and products. Your comments were carefully reviewed and discussed among the Management Team and rest assured these are addressed to ensure a better experience for all our valued guests such as yourself.

We hope to have the opportunity to be of better service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

we booked 2 rooms with my family.. theroom is very comfortable drinking bar.. delicious food.. the place is relaing with the fish.. my son enjoy too much so many pools.. the place is near in the panglao beach

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Henann_Group, Resort Manager at Henann Resort Alona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear tonix06,

It is very heartwarming to hear that your holiday vacation at Henann Resort Alona Beach Bohol was the best day of your life.

It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to welcome you again on your next vacation for another wonderful experience.

Till then,

Reviewed 7 September 2016

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Henann Resort. From the moment we arrived we felt like we were treated with class. We were greeted sincerely at the front desk. This is really a plus point. The staffs were all very friendly from the security guard to the front desk.

We spent 4 nights and 5 days in this fantastic resort. Room was very clean and furnished to very high standards. It was wonderful to go back to our own peaceful and comfortable room after each day in the excitement and hustle and bustle of the city tour. We've stayed in a lot of hotels around the country and the bed in Henann is one of the best if not the best. They are always doing their best to accommodate our request. Their service is always prompt and full of energy. We had a great time and would surely return again.

Date of stay: July 2016

Dear RommelDavid1981,

We are overjoyed to hear you and your family had a fantastic stay at Henann Resort Alona Beach, Bohol. We make sure to bring our valued guests the best and warmest hospitality they truly deserve from arrival, accommodation, food, service and all else until their departure.

We certainly look forward to welcome you again and experience our Henann brand of hospitality.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I booked a family room via a third party website as I tried booking through the Henann website for several days and it kept giving me an error (can't remember which one though). It had two separate rooms and it was very spacious, with a bathroom in between which was very luxurious. The main room had a queen size bed and a single one, the secondary bedroom had two single beds and no window (kind of guessed it wouldn't for the pictures online). It would've been nice to have a window even if it was to see the corridor. The beds were super comfy!

I'd like to point that the secondary room had a door leading to the corridor (I was surprised to find this) with a single lock. I'm planning to return here next year with my aunt and her kids and for the looks of it there was no way to secure the door, which would mean that the kids could leave the room without anyone knowing or leaving it unsecured but I would have to find out more next time.

The website mentions twice daily housekeeping but during the 4 days we stayed they only turned up once. However, we didn't really need the second visit so we didn't complaint about that but we did call requesting extra amenities twice and they came fairly quick (1 toilet roll per day for 4 people?).

We arrived at around midday and checked in but they wouldn't give us a room until the 3pm check-in time. I've stayed in plenty of other resorts and except for one where they informed us that they were still cleaning the room and they would let us know when it would be ready, I've always been able to get a room before the check-in time. The receptionist didn't give us any information or reason. Just a blunt: "Come back at 3pm. Until then you can wait in the lounge ONLY." It doesn't make sense to have some many tired people (fly to Cebu, take the ferry, transfer to the hotel...) waiting in the lounge, as we weren't the only ones.

I asked for the wifi password but again, they said until we got the room they couldn't. At least we could enjoy the free drink and purchase some tasty snacks from the mini-shop at the lounge. Also, when we checked in, the receptionist gave us a map with the location of our room and restaurant were we could have the breakfast buffet but she gave us completely wrong information. The room was on the opposite side of where she said and and the restaurant was a different one.

The staff were very friendly but a bit pushy with the times. We went for a lunch buffet at 2.10pm and we were informed that it would finish at 2.30pm so it was plenty of time. However, during the next 20 minutes, at least 4 different persons came to our table to inform us that they would be closing at 2.30pm. We also went to the beachfront bar at 6.40pm and bought cocktails with the 2x1 offer. The barman informed us that the offer was until 7pm so we thought we would order again before that time, however, between 6.40pm and 6.45pm he told us 3 times the same information while looking at his watch many times. I understand he didn't want us to miss the offer but we still had 15min! He seemed very stressed about it so at the end we order another 2 cocktails to keep on the tab but asked him to prepare it after we finished (I only had like 2 sips of my drink).

Apart from this small issues I had a very nice stay and looking forward to coming back next year with my cousins who I know would also have a great time with all the swimming pools. Plus the buffet food was also amazing!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Culture22952461359
Henann_Group, Duty Manager at Henann Resort Alona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Dear cathycr_london,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at the Henann Resort Alona Beach, Bohol.

It was a delight reading your review commending our beautifully designed rooms, amenities and our amazing buffet at Sea Breeze Cafe.

We are disheartened however to hear you and your family did not fully enjoy the happy hour at the beach bar as well as the buffet served at Sea Breeze Cafe. We have taken notes as well your comments regarding the door in the family room and the limited amenities in the room. We genuinely take our guest comments with high regard as we strive to provide consistent wonderful experience to all valued guests and rest assured these are discussed thoroughly for an improved level of service.

With regards to check in policy, as soon as rooms are available, we gladly allow early check- in and we are doing our best to minimize the waiting time of our guests with early arrivals.

Nevertheless, we are very delighted to know you and your family had an over-all great experience despite the not-so-pleasant experiences.

We are excited to welcome you back next year.

Till then!

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

So we booked the presidential suite at Henann Bohol and wow what an amazing room. With marble bar, bathrooms, tables and thought out. The room was on the 5 floor and had good views of the pools and sea. Bed and bedding was nice and can say we always had a good night sleep every night. Food in hotel was good apart from breakfast as we just felt it was to over crowded and experienced burned pancakes and waffles. Hotel staff was happy to help with special requests like flowers, transport. The easy of checking in and out in the room was good. Pools where nice and big and not over crowded as there are lots of pools to choose from.

Trip type: Traveled with family