“Enjoyable”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$157.53*
and up
Asakusa and Ryogoku Walking Tour with Sumo...
Ranked #12 of 463 things to do in Taito
More attraction details
Owner description: The stores in this neighborhood sell kitchen equipment and paper supplies to the city's restaurants. Of note are the specialty plastic food items, which are placed in restaurant windows to show passersby what goodies are being served inside.
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I was travelling with my husband but had a day by myself where I took the train to Kitchen Town. It was not as big as I had hoped but I definately enjoyed the walk around and the kitchen theme. I was focused on tea items, but saw some other nice things like a chopsticks specialty store, also a handmade brush store, and many other unique kitchen items. I just wished it would have been easier to find something to eat or even drink. Can’t wait to go back next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)
All reviews
in 5 reviews
"ginza line"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

great street for kitchen wares and the plastic food displays that you see in all the restaurants. well worth a visit. bring a bag as you'll grab one or two things for sure.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Kitchen street is a must go if you’re into all sorts of kitchenware from cedar sushi rice bowls to some of the best knife shops around. This area has a store type map to target what you’re looking for, just ask a store assistant for one.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We visited the Kamata Knife store recently and was very disappointed with the service. First of all their website indicate they speak ENGLISH which was not true. There were four people working at the store and spoke no English. WE had a difficult time getting the knives we wanted as communication was poor. We specifically went to this store for the reviews we read about customer service and English speaking.
Needless to say was very disappointed . The advertisement of the store is very misleading.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Absolutely love this street. Lined with shops selling all manner of goods for the catering industry, including a number of shops specialising in knives.
I bought a lovely mass produced sashimi slicer that would have cost almost double in the U.K. I also bought an unbranded high carbon Japanese chefs knife with an amazing edge which I simply would not be able to buy back home.
Not only for chefs though. There are many shops selling lovely ceramic kitchenware and crockery, again at very good prices, and the selection is huge.
There are also a smaller amount of shops specialising in uniquely Japanese products which are great to look at and even buy as souvenirs, such as the highly detailed plastic food, menu boards, lanterns and banners.
Half a day was easily soaked up browsing and buying, and it was only my insistent wife that stopped me lingering for longer.

1  Thank WatashiwaMnM