Shinjuku Prince Hotel
US$142
US$101
Trip.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo(Shinjuku)
US$272
US$197
Trip.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$255/night.

US$181
US$143
Rakuten Travel
  • Fitness center
US$103
US$67
Rakuten Travel
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$165
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$96
US$93
US$58
Priceline
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$82/night.

US$255
US$221
  • Pool
1,074 results
All reviewsgreat locationtrain stationrooms are smallhot waterred light districtsame buildinghigh floorjapanese hotelsyour doorstepdeluxe roomminute walkgreen teavending machinelobby arearestaurants and shopshotel is locatedgolden gai
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The hotel is in the Kabukicho area. Very lively especially at night. Lots of restaurants and places to shop nearby. A great place. The shopping complex PEPE is part of the hotel building and one has direct access during business hours.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The Shinjuku prince hotel is in a pretty good location, just a few minutes walk from the JR station (that has tracks by the hotel) and immediately adjacent to Kabuki-cho (more on that later). The rooms in the Prince that I've stayed in on multiple visits are all roughly the same, what I would call modern Japanese-style, i.e. small by western standards. The bathrooms have a tall soaking tub (which is great), there's a bed, a small TV, and a small desk, and that's about it. The whole thing is about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of a "normal" US room. Other hotels in Tokyo have more "western" sized rooms like the Capital Tokyu or New Otani, but their location is generally not as convenient for walking or JR access as the Shinjuku Prince.

The hotel has packages that include breakfast (I always get this, so not sure if they have one without), and the breakfast is good. There are both Japanese and non-Japanese breakfast foods featured, so you can get what you prefer. It's buffet-style and a cut above any of the included breakfasts I've got with a stay in the US.

I would try to get a room with an eastern view, especially if it's in summer. The AC is not great for keeping the rooms very cool when the sun is beating into them. It seems to be centrally controlled and have a limiter on them. The rooms with the afternoon sun seem to have the hardest time staying cool from the visits I've had.

Now, regarding Kabuki-cho access, which is essentially right next door to the Shinjuku Prince. I love this place - there are tons of little restaurants with great food, and interesting shops, and tons of bars with all kinds of people in them. However, there's a good amount of seedy places exploiting women and some aggressive barkers in the narrow streets and alleys of the labyrinth that is Kabuki-cho. There's also a fair amount of drunken Japanese men as the night goes on. Sometimes they will say rude things to Gaijin they meet on the street. I would not recommend a woman or women walk around by themselves, especially at night. Nothing has ever happened to me personally, but the area has a lot going on, and not all of it is legal, so safety first.
I would say this hotel is best for a business visit or some young people that are adventurous due to the proximity to Kabuki-cho. I would not recommend this hotel for families with younger kids.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an eastern view.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank Fighting_Irish-CA
新宿PH事業戦略, Omotenashi Desk at Shinjuku Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Fighting_Irish-CA,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of Shinjuku Prince Hotel.
We appreciate for your precious time to share your thoughts and hope that you had a pleasant stay with us.

As you have mentioned, we are right next to the Kabuki-cho where you can find a lot of restaurants and entertainment venues. Even though there are some areas or places that you may wish to avoid due to the safety concern, the Kabuki-cho itself has been changing a lot to be more for entertainment zone. If there is anything we can assist for the information of surrounding area, please feel free to ask any of our staff.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Omotenashi Desk

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

My family stayed only one night in a "triple" room that was very small. If you stay on a high floor, try to get a room facing the Gracery Hotel so you can see the giant Godzilla head on the roof as well as the night life of Shinjuku at night. Shinjuku is a great place to hang out, eat and shop, so I'd say the location is the best thing about this hotel. Overall, I doubt I'd stay there again as the price is high for what you get.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
新宿PH事業戦略, マネージャー at Shinjuku Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear joelgs23,

Thank you very much for staying at Shinjuku Prince Hotel and appreciate for your precious time to share your thoughts regarding your stay.
As you have mentioned our hotel has a view of both east (Godzilla side) and west (skycrapers side) of Shinjuku. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the view and also the easy access to the transportation hubs and the entertainment area.

We hope to have a chance to serve you again in the future and if there is anything that we can assist, please feel free to contact us.

Omotenashi desk

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I visited this hotel and not only is it the biggest hotel I have stayed, the rooms, service, and breakfast were on point. I really had a nice time and was amazed by the size and how good the hotel is. I would recommend this hotel to visitors who are looking for a nice place to spend some time in Tokyo you won't regret it

Room Tip: Come and see for yourself
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
新宿PH事業戦略, おもてなしデスク at Shinjuku Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear odein4,

Thank you very much for staying at Prince Hotels & Resorts.
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay in Tokyo and it will be our pleasure if you would consider staying at one of the Prince Hotel group hotel for your future trip.
Again, thank you very much for your precious time to share your thoughts and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Omotenashi desk
Shinjuku Prince Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location about 5 minutes from Shinjuku main station (use east exit)
I do think it is overpriced though after staying a few days at an APA hotel nearby, the APA hotel had smaller rooms but offers better value.

Was not impressed with the staff at reception, usually at other hotels have stayed at if the room is available if you are early they will let you take it, This hotel had the room ready but wanted extra ¥3000.

Had trouble connecting to their wifi, staff offered no assistance and just handed be a piece of paper with a number to call the help desk, after seeing my reaction they called the number for me but still handed the phone to me, for Japan I think this is very bad service.

The good side it is close to many restaurants, bars, nightlife, shopping and transport.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Harry P
新宿PH事業戦略, Omotenashi Desk at Shinjuku Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Harry P,

Thank you very much for staying at the Shinjuku Prince Hotel.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused from the service of our staff.
Your comment has been shared thorough the hotel in order to improve our service standard.
Again, we appreciate for your precious time to share your thoughts, and hope to have a chance to serve you again in the future.

Omotenashi Desk