“Unforgettable Tsukemen”

Price range: US$7 - US$9
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Tatsunoya was my favorite ramen spot during our 2 week trip. We got the tsukemen and tonkotsu. Both were very flavorful and bursting with umami. The chasu is delicate and melts is your mouth. My personal favorite was the tsukemen..the broth clings to the noodles so well. This restaurant will definitely be the first choice on our next trip to Tokyo!

Tip: Before lining up, make sure to purchase your tickets at the machine inside the restaurant.

1  Thank Jennifer T

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Decided to try this place out since it was right next to our AirBnB and there was always a line. The tsukemen did not disappoint and was probably my favorite out of the entire trip. When you’re done with your noodles, they use your remaining soup and make porridge out of it. Amazing!!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I had the standard Tonkotsu with egg which was rich and delicious. There was a short line at 7 PM but it went quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially one of the staff who spoke English well. The ticket vending machine also has pictures and some English. The staff will ask what hardness you want to have your noodles so I recommend looking that up online. Overall the experience was great and it didn't feel rushed like it can at some ramen places.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

This place was awesome. Waited 20 minutes in line. You place your order with the vending machine before you eat. Service is very friendly. The ramen is outstanding, the best we had on our recent trip to Japan. I had the traditional ramen and my wife had the kind that you dip the noodles into. Such different tastes but both great. Spicy bean sprout were delicious as well. Would def go here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't call myself a lover of ramen; however, I AM a lover of delicious food & folks let me tell ya- Tetsu no ya's spicy miso ramen is the BUSINESS y'all! The broth alone was worth the near hour long queue. It was a beautiful Saturday though & there are trees along the sidewalk for shade, so plan to wait (be pleasantly surprised if you DON'T have to) and slurp a little extra for me! The staff is super nice & able to help explain how to purchase meal through vending machine- then go back to wait your turn in the queue. (Basically a way to notify the kitchen of your order). I heard another patron say they have a shop in Los Angeles???