“Great ramen and great service!”

Tatsunoya Shinjuku Otakibashidori
Ranked #6 of 10,525 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I had the standard Tonkotsu with egg which was rich and delicious. There was a short line at 7 PM but it went quickly. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially one of the staff who spoke English well. The ticket vending machine also has pictures and some English. The staff will ask what hardness you want to have your noodles so I recommend looking that up online. Overall the experience was great and it didn't feel rushed like it can at some ramen places.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

This place was awesome. Waited 20 minutes in line. You place your order with the vending machine before you eat. Service is very friendly. The ramen is outstanding, the best we had on our recent trip to Japan. I had the traditional ramen and my wife had the kind that you dip the noodles into. Such different tastes but both great. Spicy bean sprout were delicious as well. Would def go here again.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't call myself a lover of ramen; however, I AM a lover of delicious food & folks let me tell ya- Tetsu no ya's spicy miso ramen is the BUSINESS y'all! The broth alone was worth the near hour long queue. It was a beautiful Saturday though & there are trees along the sidewalk for shade, so plan to wait (be pleasantly surprised if you DON'T have to) and slurp a little extra for me! The staff is super nice & able to help explain how to purchase meal through vending machine- then go back to wait your turn in the queue. (Basically a way to notify the kitchen of your order). I heard another patron say they have a shop in Los Angeles???

1  Thank Inspire445749
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

There are no words. The broth. Oh wow. I'm a believer...

Seriously the ramen is out of this world. So rich and creamy. When we left for kyoto I actually started dreaming about it. Went again when we got back to Tokyo. The queue was 45mins the second time (saturday peak time) but 110% worth it.

If I lived in Tokyo this would be my favourite restaurant by a massive margin. Enjoy.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down best Ramen I've ever had. Friendly staff as well. Thanks for having us. Line up was worth the wait.