“All Ramen will now be compared to THIS place!!!”

Tatsunoya Shinjuku Otakibashidori
Ranked #7 of 10,600 Restaurants in Shinjuku
Price range: US$7 - US$9
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I wouldn't call myself a lover of ramen; however, I AM a lover of delicious food & folks let me tell ya- Tetsu no ya's spicy miso ramen is the BUSINESS y'all! The broth alone was worth the near hour long queue. It was a beautiful Saturday though & there are trees along the sidewalk for shade, so plan to wait (be pleasantly surprised if you DON'T have to) and slurp a little extra for me! The staff is super nice & able to help explain how to purchase meal through vending machine- then go back to wait your turn in the queue. (Basically a way to notify the kitchen of your order). I heard another patron say they have a shop in Los Angeles???

1  Thank Inspire445749

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

There are no words. The broth. Oh wow. I'm a believer...

Seriously the ramen is out of this world. So rich and creamy. When we left for kyoto I actually started dreaming about it. Went again when we got back to Tokyo. The queue was 45mins the second time (saturday peak time) but 110% worth it.

If I lived in Tokyo this would be my favourite restaurant by a massive margin. Enjoy.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Hands down best Ramen I've ever had. Friendly staff as well. Thanks for having us. Line up was worth the wait.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

With 12 people in front of me, I thought it would be about a 30 min. wait queuing at 9:00pm. It turned out to be an hour. They have a push button machine to select your dishes and then take your stub to prepare it while you wait (to decrease the wait time). I had the pork intestine tsukemen and the broth was delicious. Reserved with rice to make it into a porridge but I would've preferred more rice to make it even heartier.

It fulfilled the one hour mystery but not sure if I would wait in line for so long again. One of the better ramen experiences I had in Japan. Staff were all very busy doing something every minute from cooking noodles, heating broth, washing dishes, pulling out produce, etc. You can tell being busy is in their blood.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic ramen. Overall service, food and value for money were excellent! We had a great time, worth waiting in line. Will be back!

1  Thank S1616JEmichaelr