“Great food in a cozy atmosphere”
Review of The Chef's Table - CLOSED

The Chef's Table
Cuisines: South American
Neighborhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: The Chef's Table is one of the first Latin American restaurants in Tokyo, combining exquisite food with great wines from the regions of Chile, Argentine and Spain.
Reviewed 24 January 2016

We discovered this lovely spot close to where we live. Everything we had, which the manager Ricardo graciously recommended, was terrific. The crap cakes and empanadas were terrific. We were looking to eat at a place that had meat, and the Carnes a la parilla, was perfect. Great food, atmosphere and service--what more could you ask for

1  Thank Tokyoexpat48

Reviewed 20 December 2015

I have to say we found this place only because we won a raffle at ASIJ winterfest. I feel very fortunate to have found this amazing restaurant, like oh so many of the "pearls of Tokyo dining" we have found in the year we've been here. I've been to Azabu- this is a few steps outside exit 4 Azabujuban on the metro station(!) and you walk up 1 floor, get an elevator to 5 and a very small but intimate and beautifully decorated space. I counted maybe 1x 4top several 2tops that could be made into 4 tops and that's it. The owner/manager is the kindest and speaks great English- his chefs are from Uruguay. They speak spanish which was nice and truly authentic menu and wines. It truly is fusion of latin america- having grown up in Florida and the Caribbean Isles, this was fantastic-o! We picked one of my favs of wines- a Malbec Blend from Acheval Ferrer as it would go well with whatever we ate. WE picked from the 5 plate set-o menu- which makes it very easy, but it is a LOT of food. Amazing value I have to say. and everything is prepared right next to you in the kitchen, fast, beautiful, and fresh. Empanadas a must. Cerviche with fresh snapper was over the top. Shrimp in coconut was best i've had. mains included risotto with cheese and mushrooms (extremely rich and overly generous portion!) and chicken that was roasted with an amazing green sauce (I'm not a technical eater) which was the best I've had in Tokyo- and dessert we chose apple empanada with a small dollup of vanilla- great way to end dinner. This would get an extremely high rating by me/and we will definitely return often while we are here in Tokyo.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

I love going to The Chef's Table for special occasions or any time I want to treat myself. The chef prepares South American specialties like cerviche, empanadas, steak with the chimichurro sauce, and more. The menu changes seasonally, and it is also a great place if you are hosting a party(you can reserve the whole restaurant). The wine selection is good, and the wait staff very attentive. Ricardo, the host makes sure you have enjoyed every aspect of your meal.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

The food was delicious, generous portions and brilliant recommendations. All the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was lovely.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

From the moment you enter into the cozy restaurant till you leave, you just feel really good. The restaurant has only a couple of tables so make sure you have a reservation. We lived for many years in latin america and I can guarantee that the food served here is done with great passion and skills. Also the wine card has great choices from Argentina and Chile. We will be definitely soon back. Many thanks to the excellent service and chefs in the kitchen. Muchas gracias y hasta luego.