“Fantastic Sushi Experience”

Price range: US$90 - US$163
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Established in 1987, named "XEX Club House" at that time, and known as the first "members only" venue in Japan, XEX quickly become one of the most popular spot in Tokyo, crowded not only with Japanese celebrities, but as well became a favoured destination of major Hollywood stars. Today, open for the public, restaurant Omae XEX is still attracting the Hi Life in Tokyo.
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday night and sat at the sushi bar around 6 pm (hotel got reservation which was important bc it filled up). Had the place to myself for the first hour which was great. Got the Morimoto tasting menu which was 6 or so courses with a good amount of sushi. Some of the best sushi that I've ever had and incredibly fresh. Would highly recommend.

Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for you dine with us and we are so happy with your comments.
We will try to keep continue our qualities of foods and service.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This was my 1st trip to Tokyo and I wanted to try some Kobe beef; one of my colleagues recommended this teppanyaki and I am glad that I visited here instead of visiting a steak + seafood place as I got to eat my Kobe but also a lot more than that.

The meal starts off with shrimp tartare served with a few sauces and salt/pepper and sets the taste buds alight (not in a spicy way but in a tingling sensation). Next up is oyster foie gras and sea urchin - the combination tastes delicious. All of this gets washed down with crab miso. This is followed by a sauteed lobster which was picked up from their tanks just then and was still flapping - super fresh.

Then comes the mains - I chose Kobe beef which was grilled to perfection and served with garlic and onions on the side.

The final dish I opted for was garlic rice which was served with lobster soup (part of the same that was served earlier). The other options were sushi or noodles. The set menu doesn't come with any desserts and I skipped coffee; but I did have the Yamazaki 12 (which was sold out almost all over TKY).

The meal was quite pricey especially because I topped up with Kobe beef but worth once in a life-time experience (or more often for some luckier people).

Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for you dine us and so lovely comments of us.
We are so happy to hear that!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Fun experience. Not sure the chef enjoyed my dietary restrictions which was basically no raw fish or eel, but he was professional and escorted us out at the end of our meal.

Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for your comments of us and happy to hear that.
If have any allegy or anyting do not like to eats, please let us know.
We are able to arrangement for you.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Our reservation was at 6:45 pm. After an all day excursion at the electronics area of Japan and a short nap, we were ready for some dinner. We were placed at the first 2 seats from the left of the bar facing our chef. Every single bite was so fresh, and expertly handled - I loves watching our chef slices / prepped the fish, gathered the rice, a touch of wasabi with couple of soft hand forming the sushi into a piece of art - almost too pretty to eat. Our chest also explained to us where the fish came from, whether they are in season, and what type of preparation (if any) had gone into making it. I enjoyed the experience and felt very spoiled and privileged to have the chef to ourselves. Take a look at the picture for the journey I have taken at XEX - Morimoto @ Roppongi. If you have a chance to visit, I am totally jealous.

Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for you dine us and so lovely comments of us!
We will try to keep continue to best qualitie of foods and service.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Excellent restaurant, but expensive !!!
If you are looking for a fine dining, great food, but at a price, this is the place.
The sushi is superb, so is the rest of the food.
Enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank Shlomi T
Management response:Responded 23 July 2017

Thank you for your comments.
We are so happy to hear that.
We will try to keep continue to best qualities of foods and service.