“Best Pizza I've EVER had”
Review of Seirinkan

Seirinkan
Ranked #7 of 3,283 Restaurants in Meguro
Price range: US$14 - US$45
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 31 March 2018

One of those reviews where I almost don't want to write it because I don't want this place to get any busier haha! We had a bit of a wait when we went at lunchtime (roughly 1:30pm) but once we were in the service was prompt and the food was amazing. We got the proscuitto and Mozzarella starter was great and very generous portion size. The two pizza choices are Margherita and Marinara for me it's a no brainer to go with the one with cheese because i'm an addict but the tomatoes were so fresh and delicious i'm sure the Marinara would be great. Just so so good and loved the Beatles music and memorabilia!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I would rate this slightly below some of the best Neapolitan style pies I have had, the best of which have been in San Francisco (Tony’s, Del Popolo, Una). The only reason is the crust here was a bit dry and not as supple. The pie was a bit on the thick side as well.

Still better than 98% of the pizza you’ll find across the US. Definitely recommended. I arrived a little before opening time and they let us in a bit early. There was a short line at that point. Ordered immediately. Was served quickly. Still not full 20 minutes after opening on a Wednesday night so perhaps it’s not urgent to get here so early.

1  Thank kinkajou709
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Very good pizza. The original "Savoy" brand in Tokyo. Superb execution and reasonable wait staff. Fabulous margherita and marinara. The only two options on the menu.

1  Thank tokyobookman
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Who knew Japan had such outstanding pizza? Seinrinkan had delicious pizza that was clearly made from high quality ingredients. The restaurant has a great ambiance and the owner must be a Beatles fan because the music was all Beatles all night which was great for us! We were worried about eating in Japan as my husband and I are both vegetarian so this meal really hit the spot after a long day of exploring Tokyo. The restaurant is conveniently located a short walk from the subway station as well.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

The fact that there are only two "simple" options for pizza tells you what you need to know. We tried both and were astonished. Having easier access to pizzas in Europe, we did not expect this to be so much better than most pizzas in Italy. Very tasty. The house wine complements it perfectly. A must, if you like pizza. It's not Japanese, per se, but we would do it again. Such an exceptional experience, that it's worth to include it in any Tokyo trip.