“The Three Michelin Star School”

Tokyo Sushi Academy
Ranked #8 of 26 Food & Drink in Chuo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Japan's premiere Sushi School, Tokyo Sushi Academy offers a wide variety of course as below. Regular 6weeks/4weeks/5days Course http://sushischool.jp/ Private Lesson http://sushischool.jp/privatelesson/ 90min Sushi Making Workshop (Saturday only) http://sushimaking.tokyo/
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

The TSA is like a three Michelin star restaurant; worth traveling to Japan just to go to it. I can’t describe how much I learned from the masters there. The school’s location is just perfect, just across the street from the world’s largest fish market. Moreover the kitchen-classroom has a very comfortable layout which makes the class time very agreeable. Now what I liked most is the school staff. They are totally prepared to handle international students, they are super helpful and they definitely make a great difference on your experience. The instructors are great japanese chefs, that have long worked on high end restaurants in Japan and abroad before devoting to pass on their teachings to new upcoming cooks. Definitely, highly recommended.

1  Thank Frederico M
in 4 reviews
"japan"
"market"

Reviewed April 30, 2017

Our family of 4 (2 kids, aged 9 and 11) really enjoyed learning from Toru-san at the Tokyo Sushi Academy. Perfect activity for before or after walking around the Tsukiji market. We learned to make nigiri and we ate everything we made! Lots of laughs as we got the hang of it.

The facility is clean, organized and well-run. We would absolutely recommend this activity. Next time, though, I'd be sure to sign up for a class that would teach us to make maki as well as nigiri.

2  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

1 month intensive instruction from a master sushi chef. Chef Hiro has 25 years experience in Las Vegas alone, speaks fluent english, is a gracious and patient teacher. The coarse is not cheap but you get more than what you pay for. You will learn more in 1 month than you can as an apprentice sushi chef can in 10 years traditionally.

4  Thank Morgan M
Management response:Responded September 26, 2017

Morgan-san, Thank you for your review. Please stop by anytime when you visit Tsukiii area!

Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

I booked through the web after finding out about this course in a Time Out: Japan tourist map.

The booking was painless and when I arrived, I was quickly set up with my own chef (Toro-san).

Toro was fantastic to learn from. Super patient, encouraging, and helpful every step of the way.

We ended up making about 10 different kinds of sushi, and he was able to explain to me the differences in the fish, how to slice fish for sushi, how to prepare the sushi rice, and things to avoid. He also allowed me to try different accessories that went with different types of sushi (from "wasabi roe" to spring onions, to different regional salts).

I had to stop after eating 15 pieces of sushi.

It was such a great experience. Everyone was so friendly. Highly recommended! Don't be afraid to go solo, they are such lovely people that it won't matter.

2  Thank RLC123
Management response:Responded February 15, 2017

Dear RLC123-san,

Thank you for your warm comment. We are looing forward to seeing you again. Please stop by when you come to Tsukiji town again!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 15, 2017

I visited with my family including 2 kids (11 and 14 years). We had a great time. The chefs know how to make sushi and they explain in the first part of the course how to make sushi. After that you can experiment and make your own. You can eat them too so make sure to go around lunch time! The group was small, we had one chef for the 4 of us and the ingredients are of great quality. Had a great time and i recommend as the price is also affordable.

1  Thank Chris W
Management response:Responded January 16, 2017

Thank you for your comment, we hope you love sushi more and more after your sushi making experience!

Tokyo Sushi Academy Tsukiji

Been to Tokyo Sushi Academy? Share your experiences!