“Beautiful owls.”

Ranked #1 of 41 Fun & Games in Chiyoda
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: To live more fulffiling life through interaction with owls... It's our philosophy. Interacting with relaxed-adorable owls make many people smile, and we think owls can heal our tired hearts like a therapy. We prioritize to keep our owls in good health ,and then, we apply the healing effects of 《Classical Music,Sconce Lighting,and White Color》 to our room so that our guests can experience "extraordinary healing". As a part of our perfomance, every flow of background music has its own theme, we go along with the story for 1 hour. The number of guests will be【limited to small gruops,and our room is provided by reservation only】so that the guests can spend some cozy time. We hope you will enjoy the “healing entertament” which is the only one bizarre-space in the world ♪
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is for those who love to see owls, take pictures and sit with them on your hand, arm, shoulder and sometimes even on your head. Some are small and some are really big, but all of them beautiful. I think this is the only place where they take good care of the owls and don’t walk on the street with them to attract tourists. Here they treat their owls with respect. For sure you will have a wonderfull experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited with my 7 year-old daughter, whose favorite animal is the owl. She loved it.

The owners are very kind and helpful. When you arrive, you queue up outside and are provided with a book with basic FAQs and information about the owls.

Upon entering, you are asked to stow coats and all personal belongings. There is a five minute discussion on how to handle the owls. Then, you get to choose two owls for the entirety of the visit. The time flies! But it’s worth it. You are allowed to take photos with your own camera (no flash or video) and you the owners will also take a professional photo for you which at the end is gifted to you, laminated.

You may also purchase all sorts of fun owl souvenirs. My daughter wanted a feather from her favorite owl.

One caveat is that anyone bringing children will have to remind the child to be whisper and use slow gestures as to not startle the owls. My daughter was happy to comply to get a chance to interact with owls!

A defnite must-do while in Tokyo!

1  Thank Nellie W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I made a reservation online to visit this cafe. When we arrived, there was a sign outside saying that all appointments had been booked for the day so reservations are strongly recommended!

The staff are kind and knowledgeable. They speak English and are able to talk to you about the owls. This particular cafe has a wide selection of owls that you can pet or hold (hold maximum of 2 during your appointment) and each one seems to be taken care of well.

We recommend not wearing nice clothes as there is a slight chance that the owls could poop or pee.

Your reservation fee includes: 1 hour in the cafe with owls, hold up to 2 owls, and 2 souvenir photographs taken with a DSLR.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was a time well spent at the owl cafe. My friends and I really enjoyed ourselves. The owls were extremely adorable, and we felt like we were having photo shoots the entire time. :P

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I are visiting Japan and I had booked Akiba owl cafe a month in advance from all the positive reviews. We went there with another friend of mine living in Japan and it was all of our first time visiting an owl cafe.

It was honestly an amazing experience. The staff were all so professional and explained everything very patiently. The owls were super adorable and all looked as though they were very well taken care of. The interior of the place was very welcoming and almost had an anime house kind of feel. Everything was clean and had just an overall relaxing atmosphere.

If you think owls are adorable and want a truly unique experience, I would definitely recommend visiting Akiba Fukurou Owl Cafe.