“Impressive Yuca’s kitchen”

YUCa's Japanese Cooking
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Arakawa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thank you for visiting the “YUCa’s Japanese Cooking”! YUCa's Japanese Cooking aims to give people from all over the world an opportunity for experiencing Japanese culture through cooking class and supermarket tour! YJC's cooking classes are directed in English and focus on Japanese home meals that are eaten everyday or seasonally at home. Let’s learn Easy, Healthy and Delicious Japanese home cooking! The BEST souvenir from Tokyo, JAPAN! YJC Summary: ● Great souvenir for yourself, family and friends ● Perfect activity for foodies and cooking lovers ● Perfect for single, family and group travelers ● Precious time at local home ● Local Supermarket Tour ● Fun and Informative Hunds-on class ● YJC offers those courses ● Easy Access! Locates the center of Tokyo. For more detail, please check our website & YouTube channel! See you at our kitchen!!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was a fantastic and joyful visit to beautiful Yuca’s kitchen! The leaning of Ramen & Gyoza was great fun. Those amazing settings in her kitchen made all my blog viewers want to do the same visit. Food was great, sake was awesome, beautiful kitchen and shining floor was even more impressive. Thank you Yuca’s intro of the wonderful kitchen ware market that made me back to hotel with hands full of bags! Haha! Will visit ur kitchen again with friends!

2  Thank Xiao Y
in 16 reviews
"okonomiyaki"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 16 May 2018

On our first morning in Japan, we thought this was a great way to ease into all that is Japan (while nursing the unavoidable jet-lag). Needless to say, Yuca(ka) was an amazing host who invited us to her amazing home (#homegoals), taught us delicious recipes and was patient explaining any questions that we have. We got to see Mario and Luigi (her adorable dogs of course), and was given a tour of a local supermarket.

We did the okonomiyaki and gyoza courses of which we are sure to re-make back in Toronto!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank ashleykohyx
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We learned so much about japanese Cooking and the japanese Culture from Yuca. It was such a cool experience, we would recommend it to everybody travelling Japan. Never dreamed of making such good Gyoza and Ramen.

ども ありがとうございます

Francie & Joe

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I loved this class so much! Not only do you get the expertise and knowledge from the beautiful Yuca but you also get to experience it in her own kitchen. A glimpse into Japanese life, food and tastes. Yuca was extremely welcoming and made the class so enjoyable. I learnt so much and am so happy I can go home and make my own gyoza and ramen. If you love food (cooking OR eating) you must try one of Yuca’s classes!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This morning we ventured out for a cooking class at YUCa’s Japanese Cooking (which is in in her lovely home). The fact it was in her own home was a draw card for me as it was great to see how a Tokyo family lives. We even met her husband (asake exporter), son and toy poodles Mario & Luigi (YUCa is a Mario cart fan).

We started with a lesson on the elements of Japanese cuisine (in which I learnt a lot) then made Ramen, Gyoza and a pumpkin side dish. Everything tasted great, everyone was involved and YUCa was simply delightful. We even had an opportunity to try some premium sake and purchase a bottle or two to take home.

I have a gluten intolerance and YUCa accommodated my needs very well. She even made me her own rice flour gyoza pastries

After our meal YUCa took us for a supermarket tour just down the street. Many of us purchased some (airport) customs friendly ingredients so we could replicate the recipe in our home countries.

Highly recommend this experience. YUCa was a wonderful teacher and host and I look forward to her cookbook -she doesn’t know it yet but it will be a number one best seller ;-)

1  Thank Julie H

Been to YUCa's Japanese Cooking? Share your experiences!