“A must do in Tokyo!”

YUCa's Japanese Cooking
Ranked #1 of 2 Food & Drink in Arakawa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thank you for visiting the “YUCa’s Japanese Cooking”! YUCa's Japanese Cooking aims to give people from all over the world an opportunity for experiencing Japanese culture through cooking class and supermarket tour! YJC's cooking classes are directed in English and focus on Japanese home meals that are eaten everyday or seasonally at home. Let’s learn Easy, Healthy and Delicious Japanese home cooking! The BEST souvenir from Tokyo, JAPAN! YJC Summary: ● Great souvenir for yourself, family and friends ● Perfect activity for foodies and cooking lovers ● Perfect for single, family and group travelers ● Precious time at local home ● Local Supermarket Tour ● Fun and Informative Hunds-on class ● YJC offers those courses ● Easy Access! Locates the center of Tokyo. For more detail, please check our website & YouTube channel! See you at our kitchen!!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved this class so much! Not only do you get the expertise and knowledge from the beautiful Yuca but you also get to experience it in her own kitchen. A glimpse into Japanese life, food and tastes. Yuca was extremely welcoming and made the class so enjoyable. I learnt so much and am so happy I can go home and make my own gyoza and ramen. If you love food (cooking OR eating) you must try one of Yuca’s classes!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"okonomiyaki"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This morning we ventured out for a cooking class at YUCa’s Japanese Cooking (which is in in her lovely home). The fact it was in her own home was a draw card for me as it was great to see how a Tokyo family lives. We even met her husband (asake exporter), son and toy poodles Mario & Luigi (YUCa is a Mario cart fan).

We started with a lesson on the elements of Japanese cuisine (in which I learnt a lot) then made Ramen, Gyoza and a pumpkin side dish. Everything tasted great, everyone was involved and YUCa was simply delightful. We even had an opportunity to try some premium sake and purchase a bottle or two to take home.

I have a gluten intolerance and YUCa accommodated my needs very well. She even made me her own rice flour gyoza pastries

After our meal YUCa took us for a supermarket tour just down the street. Many of us purchased some (airport) customs friendly ingredients so we could replicate the recipe in our home countries.

Highly recommend this experience. YUCa was a wonderful teacher and host and I look forward to her cookbook -she doesn’t know it yet but it will be a number one best seller ;-)

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Yuca was so amazing. We cooked an absolute FEAST and learned not only how to cook our own recipes but she explained how to use all of the Japanese cooking flavors. We have been experimenting at home and could never have done it without Yuca. She accommodated our dietary restrictions perfectly (vegan) and was a lovely teacher! Do not miss out of this class!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 13 May 2018

3 weeks in Japan, I had the opportunity to discover a lot of interesting things. Among those things, food has been one of the most important topic during the trip :p

That's why I've decided to join Yuca's cooking class to know more about japanese cuisine and traditions.

Yuca is a welcoming host. The lessons were very interesting and I learnt a lot about traditions, meals, dressings and all the basic information related to the food in Japan.

We've also learnt how to cook ramen & gyoza, they were fantastic !

The cooking lesson is in english, and you'll be able to join the class even if you're not a native speaker.

Overall, I highly recommend you Yuca's lessons during your trip in Tokyo if you're searching for a great activity :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We came to Yuca's Japanese cooking class to learn more about the Japanese cuisine and how to make ramen and gyozas. I had a wonderful time with my boyfriend and the two other persons who also attended the class with Yuca !
We learnt many things and what I liked the most is that we really participated : it is not about just watching, you make a meal from scratch as a group and get to meet lovely people there as well.
After cooking and sharing a meal together, we all went to a local supermarket and learnt more about the different ingredients you can find.
I definitely enjoyed this moment and I do recommend this activity :). We would love to come back and take another class !
Thank you Yuca :).

Been to YUCa's Japanese Cooking? Share your experiences!