Bohol Sunset Villa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Water Paradise Resort(Tagbilaran City)
Very Good 4/5
Hotel La Roca(Tagbilaran City)
  • Pool
Bohol Tropics Resort(Bohol Island)
Good 3.5/5
Via Bohol Tourist Inn(Bohol Island)
Kew Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
  • Pool
Soledad Suites(Tagbilaran City)
Very Good 4/5
GV Hotel Tagbilaran(Tagbilaran City)
View Hotel
Wregent Plaza Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsmangrove forestunder constructionspacious roomswimming poolricepleasant stayplace to staynice hotelhot and cold showerchocolate hillsbalconywifiboholbudgettagbilarantourride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2015 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and with proper sanitation.

Room: I was amazed with the room, it's so nice and so clean. Well-organized. Has a balcony. With a clean bathroom (has hot and cold shower and a water sprinkler). Has dresser, mini bar with fridge, flat TV, telephone, and WiFi connection (sadly it doesn't work well). Overall the room is great!

Food: we had breakfast -- the only food we have tried; I will just rate the food as 8/10.

Service: service is 10/10. Service was fast and the staffs are very friendly and polite.

Pool: pool was clean and it's kinda wide. It's depth is 5 ft only but it's quite fine though. I can say it's kind of an infinity pool. And near beside the pool are trees with a breath of fresh air.

Location: it's quite far from the city (1-2km most probably) but the important for me is comfort and convenience. They have their hotel transportation service, so distance will never be a problem.

Value for Money: Economical but an elegant kind of resort-hotel.

***OVERALL: I HAD A GREAT STAY.

I WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK AND STAY IN THIS HOTEL THE NEXT TIME I VISIT BOHOL.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL-RESORT.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank AyKlan
Reviewed December 8, 2015

My girlfriend and I had a trip in Bohol last Nov. 26-29, 2015 as celebration of our Anniversary. Prior to our trip I checked all the budget hotels where we'll stay. Fortunately, I've found this very good hotel. The hotel grounds are really good especially the swimming pool 4ft in depth and it also has a very wide garden where you can play. It's a bit far from the Tagbilaran Bayan but it's just a one ride away and the fare's very cheap. We reserved and availed the standard room worth 850 per night. We were reaaaaaaaally impressed when we saw the room. It's like a room that's worth 1,500. So you'd really get more than what you paid for. They have wifi on the reception area. the location is very green and quiet. The staffs are very accommodating and hospitable. I'd highly recommend this for those who are looking for a budget hotel with a great service.

Room Tip: Choose a room near at the reception area so you can access good signal of wifi.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank June Calvin E
Reviewed September 21, 2015

My husband & I traveled to Bohol last Sept 5-8, 2015 and we stayed in this hotel. Overall, the appearance of the hotel is very nice, they have a nice garden and big playground for the kids. They have a swimming pool but it is not exclusive to in-house guests. The rooms are ok except for the noisy door and it's not sound proof. you can here people passing by the corridor. They are close to the ocean though, and it's really nice to rest in the picnic nook near the mangrove area. You can swim in the sea but it's at your own risk for now as they have not yet finish their permit to operate this side of the hotel, but it's really nice and peaceful compared to Alona beach where the shoreline is dirty. I will still be staying here if ever I will go back to Bohol. Hope their permit will be ok by then, so we can swim there instead of going to Alona beach.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view is really good.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

This hotel is fine for tourists on a budget, very friendly staff and great value, the owners are making great efforts to make the hotel even better, one observation is staff training, needs attention but the rural location and the fact family members make up most of the staff I appreciate this is not easy to do, breakfasts are important in any establishment and this is a area that needs to be improved, I would stay there again and probably will.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2015 via mobile

For tourists on a budget and will not mind staying far from the town centre, then Bohol Sunset Villa is the place to stay in.

Great points: new building, spacious parking, nice infinity pool, great view from the boardwalk, clean rooms and helpful staff.

Improvement points: really awful food at the resto-the food needs serious improvement, slow or no wifi at the rooms, low water pressure and slippery bathroom floors.

But the great points will make you come back here.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends