“NOISY!!!! Don't stay if you're looking for peace and quiet!!”

Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tagbilaran City
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“NOISY!!!! Don't stay if you're looking for peace and quiet!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Pre- Arrival Confirmation:
Before I arrived I sent two emails to request an airport pick up (as per the reference from Booking.com where I booked the hotel from). I got no reply. I eventually had to call the hotel from my hotel in Manila to confirm I was being collected the following day. Luckily they confirmed this and it was arranged.

Arrival:
Check-in was easy enough and I was shown to my room. The hotel does not quite look as amazing as it does on the website. I was shown the two swimming pools and the two restaurants to eat at- both share the same menu, so it's really just one restaurant with two different places to eat.

Room:
As soon as I arrived I wanted a shower. The water did not come out the overhead shower but from the tap below my feet instead. I called maintenance and they came back- twice- to fix it, eventually just sticking something between the tap to force the water to only come out the overhead. I now can't use the tap to wash my feet.

The basin in the hotel room (it's not actually in the bathroom space) has such low pressure it takes ages to wash your hands.

The bathroom smells damp and every time I walk into my room its smells like sewage.

I was given a back room, there are NO wall to floor windows and no view. I keep my curtains closed as the view is on the run down house next door. Because of this my room is dark always.

Noise:
My room and the hotel overall is incredibly noisy. I have requested twice to be moved to a quieter room but to no avail. The Housekeeping room is opposite my room and I hear the staff in and out slamming that door constantly. Each guest room has a doorbell on it so the housekeeper rings each doorbell before entering- I hear this about 5 times before she gets to my door. She knocks and says housekeeping and then rings the bell - usually around 8am which wakes me up each day. I have not had a good nights sleep since I have arrived here.

There is a ping-pong table on the lower level, not so far from my room. The guests play ball till after midnight having parties. I can hear their conversations and every movement of the ball. I called and asked reception to ask them to keep quiet- which they clearly did not as this went on for two hours before I had to call again. Nothing happened and then eventually I stormed out of my room and they guests finally got the hint. They start playing ping pong from 8am if not earlier- so again I wake up and fall asleep to this annoying sound!

I hear people talking, walking, burping, on their phones constantly from my room.
My room is below the main restaurant so I hear tables and chairs moving above me from 6am every morning until 11pm every night when they are obviously setting up.

DO NOT STAY IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A GOOD NIGHTS REST!

Pool:
The upper pool is nice however, there are no sun-lounger cushions so VERY uncomfortable. I had to ask for a towel twice before finally getting one. The pool is small so can get over-crowded fast. The pool downstairs was closed as they were doing maintenance on the sundeck, I'm not sure why they showed this to me in the first place since I can't actually use it.

Food & Restaurant:
The food from the menu has been great and it is always served really fast. However, portions are very small and I'm still hungry after my main meal.
The buffet breakfast is terrible and the coffee awful. I chose to have my cappuccino upstairs instead from the cafe. I had breakfast once here as was so disappointed.
The waiter offered me a drinks menu when I sat down one afternoon, I selected a cocktail and he told me they couldn't do that, so I selected another, he told me the same thing. I chose a wine, again he said this time 'bar is closed' so I asked him why he bothered to give me a drinks menu then...???!!!!

During my day yesterday afternoon a group of toursits arrived and took over the venue around lunch- for like a selfie session, it was really annoying as I was trying to relax and had these teenage girls take a million selfies of themselves on every chair, sofa, seat etc, giggling and disturbing my relaxing- they did not stay to eat

I am here trying to do business, write a book and my travel blog. It's very hard to get quiet time here to relax or think straight. I would not recommend staying here unless you are used to early mornings, late nights or have children that make noise anyway.

Maintenance:
During my stay the walls were being painted so the fumes from paint and having to walk around a paint bucket were rather inconvenient.

I would not stay again and very disappointed in the management service and lack of dealing with the noise level from other guests and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view away from the ping pong table and restaurant or housekeeping room
  • Stayed October 2016, traveled solo
2 Thank Chantelle M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

I booked for a Premium room for October 28 to 29 through Agodo.com. However, when my partner and I arrived at the hotel, for unknown reason, our reservation was booked for November 5 to 6.

All premium rooms of the hotel was fully booked and we were just offered by the reception a standard room. However, after few minutes of waiting, we were informed that they made a way for us to stay at a poolside room which really had a beautiful view.

When we were about to eat our dinner at Gerarda's, I asked the receptionist how to get there. We were told to take a tricycle. I was surprised when a lady talked to me and asked me where we were going. I told her we were going to Gerarda's. She happened to be the manager of the hotel and offered us a ride on her account :) (the hotel driver observed a 30km running speed so I joked many times how strict the speed limit in Tagbilaran was :) )

We had a fulfilling rest that night that we slept for 10 hours straight. :)

Sandugo monument was beside the hotel and there were souvenir shop around which made our shopping hastle free.

For our whole stay, all staffs gave us their most generous smile.

Thank you very much for giving us good customer service.

Stayed October 2016, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Unsatisfied. They are inconsiderate. Tumutulo ang ceiling sa labas ng pinto namin. Ang room namin ay supposed to be occupied by three persons. But the room was very small, it can accommodate only two persons. So yung mga bed namin to pinagtabi na lang para magkasya kami. It's a nice place naman. Very accommodating ang mga tao. Maayos ang service nila except sa room reservation.

Stayed October 2016, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tagbilaran City, Philippines
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Staff are friendly during the evening specially FD. We arrive there at night around 7PM. Room is big good for 7 adults and 2 children for Php 6,800 only, it's clean and spacious for family. Location is really great seaview hotel where we can relax, it's not crowded. hotel have 2 pools which are clean but not that big but it's worth it. Free Breakfast Buffet, I really like their scrambled egg with cheese. Best Place to relax

Room Tip: Sea view room is the best
  • Stayed October 2016, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

When you walk up to the front of the building you would never imagine the private, beautiful, & serene setting this place offers just beyond the entrance. Two Infinity pools overlooking the Ocean and a reforestation area with tons of tropical foliage. I was instantly relaxed every time I looked out the balcony it ate poolside . We had a great stay, anything we needed,the staff arranged. Comfy beds, clean rooms, great food, and easy transportation. We did the hotel arranged tour to the chocolate hills, ATVing, and the tarsiers, very fair priced & convenient. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2016, traveled with friends
75.9 km away
Anda White Beach Resort
3.2 km away
MetroCentre Hotel & Convention Center
MetroCentre Hotel & Convention C...
#3 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
14.2 km away
Amorita Resort
Amorita Resort
#1 of 15 in Panglao

Been to Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol? Share your experiences!