US$36
US$34
Darunday Manor(Tagbilaran City)(Great Value!)
US$26
TR3ATS Guest House - Bohol(Tagbilaran City)(Great Value!)
US$16
Soledad Suites(Tagbilaran City)
US$33
Vest Grand Suites(Tagbilaran City)
US$30
Wregent Plaza Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
US$20
Agoda.com
Sun Avenue Pension(Tagbilaran City)
  • Breakfast included
Chriscentville Hotel(Tagbilaran City)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsinfinity poolblood compactboard gamesalona beachcold beerpremier roomtable tennisbreakfast buffet issouvenir shoprelaxing stayhotel restaurantchocolate hillsrooms are cleanoffer freecountryside tourclose to the airportquiet place
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Probably the most European feeling hotel we've been in during our travels in the Ph.

Very nice modern building, with two terraced "infinite pools" one above the other, stunning views in the distance, but the immediate surroundings were a bit like a philippino construction site.

Breakfast buffet was pretty good in terms of quality, quantity and variety.

Staff were very helpful as usual. Laundry takes them a couple of days to deal with.
They have motorcycles for rent for 600PHP for 12 hours or you can get one in the city for 500 for 24hrs.

The place was full of families with noisy kids which lets the place down IMO, but I understand this could be a plus for others.
There was also a good offer of books, board games and even ping-pong in the communal areas.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Would not recommend if you are a couple looking for a relaxing high end stay.

Hotel:
Amazing view, really stunning, however so much building work is going on! The whole of the outside was being worked on and the inside steps by the pool were being industrially sanded down all the time so no relaxing!
Also it is situated bang on the main road and right next to a famous monument so there is constant noise from everywhere and people all around the hotel.

Booking trips:
Don't book it through the hotel, we wanted to see the fireflies (amazing btw) and had been told by other travellors to go with kayak Asia and that it was 2000 php total for kayak, guide and meal. asked the staff and she told us they wanted it per hour of about 900 and also kayak rental and to pay them. We spoke to the company who do the kayaks and they said no, we don't charge per hour it's one standard rate.

Room:
Nice room, clean and modern.
We had asked before not to be on the ground floor as its our anniversary and we wanted a quiet relaxing time. Generally if you book a boutique hotel this is what you expect. But they placed us ground floor anyway and it is right next to the pool and all day until 9pm it was constant screaming from children. I cannot tell you how loud the hotel was! And shouting from the games room which is next door so constant screaming over the ping pong table. The walls are paper thin in this hotel!
At 5.30am we woke to children screaming in the games area and people trying to play ping pong!! No staff came to tell them that it opens at 8 so my husband had to leave the room and tell them off. I was nearly crying with frustration.
We asked to move and they moved us to a higher floor room which was much better. And we were happy there.
Food: fine, quite nice, no complaints.

Staff: nice enough but on our first day we asked how much breakfast was and a waiter told us 400php, so we decided not to have it. On our last day the receptionist told us it was free with our room so we had lost out over our stay!

Checking out charges:
They tried to charge us for everything that was already paid for and more!
They tried to charge us for 2 bbq meals around 800php total. I argued and said I was veggie and they eventually agreed.
They tried to charge us for the entire stay when we had already paid through Expedia. After showing booking numerous times they agreed.
Tip: don't charge things to your room, pay instantly so they don't add thing on like expensive bbqs!

Please see my other reviews to see I am not usually a bad reviewer!!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CharlotteTheExpat
Reviewed 18 April 2016

We booked 3 rooms with ocean view, indeed the view was amazing. We requested for adjacent rooms but we were given rooms on different floors, I guess the hotel was fully booked but it was okay. The room assigned to me (Room 202) was not well maintained because there were ants inside the and the veranda and I was shocked and horrified when I discovered used and dirty socks inside the closet, this is very poor housekeeping. I called the lobby and had it removed and reported it to Ms. Geann. The bathroom was outdated and dark. I can hear the noises of travelers visiting the blood compact monument since my room was in the corner side of the hotel. In fairness, the pools were clean and their resto serves delicious food and pastries.

This hotel would be nice if it will be well maintained and if the rooms will be renovated but you can find better hotels in Bohol at the same price range.

Stayed last January 8-10, 2016.

Room Tip: Lobby level rooms because they don't have elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Ocean Suites has a beautiful view but lacks in certain hospitality service skills. Our first impression was of a shuttle driver not at the airport to pick us up which when we called they said he was there to only find out 3 calls later and 45 minutes that he was on his way.
We arrive at the hotel and we are given a garden view room when we said I'm sorry but we booked and paid for an ocean view room and that's what we want. We were told this other room would be more quiet. Didn't realize what they meant until the following night but finally 15minutes later we are shown to our ocean view room.
The following morning we proceed to get in the van to take us the 30min ride to the other side of the ocean and to the resort they have beach agreements with where we pay 600 pesos per person to use the pool and lounge by the ocean. Well we get to the resort and they are fully booked and not allowing anymore guests...what?! So we then ask so where can you take us...well they had no clue...we stop at 2 more with no luck. Luckily there are other guests in the van who switched resorts and suggested we go with them and they would help us. We actually came out better and hired a catamaran for them and us which came out cheaper and I highly recommend.
So back to the quiet room...when we get back to the hotel there is a wedding reception at the pool which they reassured us would be done by 10pm....full party right outside or balcony of which we couldn't use as we would be right over their dinner guests. Well 10pm comes and goes and by then the band is over and really bad karaoke is happening. When we call the front desk they said they turned down the volume...finally after our 3rd call they asked the party to shut down at 1045pm.
I gave them a 3 review as they were very friendly and the staff did try and offered us a complimentary shuttle back to the airport but I wish we had changed hotels when we first arrived as we had originally considered when we arrived at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2016

We were a 12-strong family contingent that descended on this hotel. First impressions were - "wow what a view!". Indeed, it probably has one of the best views in Bohol. We all had ocean views so noise were not a problem for us. I don't how it is with the ones facing the road.
They have 2 inifinity pools which the youngsters in our group used almost immediately. Their cafe serve great coffee, cakes and pastries. I just wish they mix in some native snacks and 'kakanin' in there.
The restaurant is quite good, special mention to their pinakbet and pancit canton. Their breakfast is very good, too, especially the crispy boneless bangus.
I cannot fault their service. They were prompt and go over backwards to accommodate their guests.
Wi-fi is patchy; the place with best reception is by the downstairs pool. But it didn't matter to me since I didn't go there to bury my head in my phone/computer.
Some things they could improve is in the room facilities. No problem with the bed. It's the bathroom - they should install a better tap regulator. The shower was either boiling hot or icy cold. You can't have any in between. And I hope they try to repair some grouting in the tiles - it's attention to details that distinguish the great hotels with the 'nice' ones.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with ocean views.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family