“Great food and service”

Moana Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Titikaveka
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Moana Restaurant & Bar offers simple, fresh, subtle flavours by Chef Jasmine Kee, serving up breakfast, lunch, dinner, 7 days per week from 8am to 9pm daily. All day happy hour $3.50 beer on tap from 11am.
Reviewed 12 February 2019

Spent 6 nights at MOana Sands and ate here a number of times Great food. You can also have dinner or lunch in the little gazebo veranda in front of the hotel on the beach.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 17 January 2019

We visited this place on 3 occasions and were well satisfied with the food and service,,,buffet meals are pretty good for the price and quite a good selection

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 15 December 2018

Hubby and I have previously stayed at this hotel so we were famililar with the restaurant. I wasn't that keen on dining here due to our previous experience wth the restaurant but it was conveiently located near our villa. We were amazed at the improvement in meals from 2 years ago. I believe there is a new chef and she is doing an amazing job. We ordered a seafood dish which I think was called Moana pasta. The sauce was delicious and better than what I make myself and I consider myself a confident cook. This meal was tie first with our favourite meal in Rarotonga this time around. The other was Tamarind House.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner December 3rd. The girl who took our order was very rude and seemed angry to be doing her job. She even tossed my receipt with a pen on the counter for me to sign. Very strange way to treat customers. Food was below average also. I would not waste one of your special holiday evenings here when you can go somewhere on the island with great service and great food. Definately will not return.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 2 December 2018

We went for dinner on the day we arrived as it was close to where we were staying.

We immediately asked about the sashimi as we’d read of fish shortages on the island. Our waitperson told us that when they got tuna they immediately freeze it and then slice off and defrost whatever they need. We appreciated her honesty but decided against the sashimi.

We did, however, have Fish and Chips which was deep fried (defrosted) tuna with good fries and an excellent fresh salad. It was most enjoyable.

We ate the same thing on a second occasion on this trip. It was again well cooked and presented. And service was efficient and friendly. The wine list is adequate and they do have local beer on tap.

Unfortunately, due to inclement weather only the front part of the restaurant next to the road was open. Although it was extended a year or so ago, it’s still a rather dark space so hopefully on our next visit the weather will be good enough to open up the lagoon front part which really makes it special.

Date of visit: November 2018