“Great scones!!”

Spokes Kitchen Corbridge
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Corbridge
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Good for: Special occasions
Description: Family owned, dog friendly Cafe. Our Coffee Shop serves homemade food using locally sourced ingredients and we have a daily specials board using seasonal ingredients. Cakes are a specialty and we offer cakes/traybakes made with either gluten free flour or flourless. All our coffee is Triple Certified, fairtrade, rainforest alliance and organic from Matthew Algie in Glasgow. Suki loose leaf tea available. Outdoor seating on our stunning West facing patio. Lots of accessories, clothing and helmets to choose from.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently visited Corbridge & as my sister knows I like scones she suggested we call in here for pot of tea & scone. (Good recommendation) It had a very good menu & friendly staff. The cafe had a bike theme but I did think the cafe had another name though????? There is also a great seating area at the back of the cafe.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I have to admit I was not even aware that Active Cycles was a coffee shop until a friend asked me to meet her for coffee there last year. I've returned numerous times since as the scones are definitely the best I have ever tasted!
Cafe itself is clean with friendly staff & a good range of food on the menu although to date I have never tried anything else due to being tempted by the scones on every visit!

Brent K, Owner at Spokes Kitchen Corbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thank you Kimberley. We’re really pleased you enjoy our scones! They are pretty popular. Made on site fresh every day. We do have a good range of other tasty offerings for breakfast and lunch, including our changing specials board. Look forward to seeing you again soon. Brent

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Corbridge is a tourist village so it has lots of cafes, a few restaurants, and a few pubs. Active Cycles is a cafe but does serve full scale meals as well including breakfast. Personally I have only ever had coffee and cakes and have always found the coffee of excellent quality and I also have no criticism of the cakes I have chosen Staff are not only really friendly they are also efficient which makes the whole experience very pleasant.

Brent K, Owner at Spokes Kitchen Corbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to feedback. Your comments are appreciated

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Have been coming here for a few years now. Originally our preferred stop for coffee and cakes but a number of lunch time visits have confirmed it as our favourite spot in the area for savouries. Coffee and cakes continue to be delicious but the variety, quality and value for money of the ever changing lunch time specials can’t be beaten - smoked haddock risotto, hake, mushroom brioche in a mushroom sauce and beef stew give an idea of the variety on offer. Added to which there is a menu with standard but delicious items like sausage or bacon butties and much else - did I mention the flat bread pizza ? Yes service can be a bit slow on a busy lunch however the staff are friendly and it’s a reflection of the place’s popularity and the fact that you are being served freshly prepared food.

Brent K, Owner at Spokes Kitchen Corbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for that lovely feedback. We are pleased you like what we’re doing. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This place used to be a favourite but the last couple of times I've visited, I've been really disappointed. The service has been exceptionally slow to get an order taken and drinks have arrived quite a time after the food has arrived.
The place used to have a really cool and chilled vibe, with rustic tables and upcycled chairs... but now they've increased the seating capacity (with awful cheap chairs!!) the place has lost the charm it once had. Such a shame.

Brent K, Owner at Spokes Kitchen Corbridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Hello, sorry you have not had a good experience today. It has been extremely busy, but even so I am sorry you had to wait for your drinks. We have been the owners since 1st June 2017 and can confirm we have not increased the seating capacity, nor do we intend to even though we have a good sized space. I’m not sure when you last came in but the chairs have been the same for almost a year to my knowledge. Thank you for your feedback.