“Lovely service and food”

Corbridge Sandwich Bar
Ranked #18 of 25 Restaurants in Corbridge
Description: Corbridge Sandwich bar is set in the centre of Corbridge and serves hot and cold food to take away 7 days a week. More than just a regular sandwich bar!!
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Lovely sarnies at a good price,good service, very quick.hot and cold food and drinks,in the centre of Corbridge.

Date of visit: July 2018
Karen246Corbridge, Owner at Corbridge Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

its lovely to receive feedback from our customers visits, thank you so much for leaving your review on tripadvisor. Hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Picked up some sandwiches for a picnic lunch. Friendly service. Good choice of fillings at a reasonable price. Bought a tuna mayo with olives and sun dried tomatoes and a sweet chilli chicken for £5.85. Both filled to bursting and just what we needed on a break whilst walking along the Tyne towards Riding Mill.

Date of visit: May 2018
Karen246Corbridge, Owner at Corbridge Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a lovely review, Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Visited the sandwich bar a few times and always left disappointment. Fillings are rationed to the point the manager watches over staff to make sure correct amount is put in if not she takes it out. Baguettes are hard, take from the freezer and put in the over to heat up making them rock solid. Very expensive for what you get. Service not good and seems to have a high turnover of staff.

Date of visit: May 2017
Karen246Corbridge, Owner at Corbridge Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Hi, thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that you've left disappointed when you've visited the sandwich bar, and its a shame you didn't let us know at the time.

The fillings are by no means rationed and from the feedback I receive its quite the opposite. If a new member of staff is being trained. then of course I will help them and show them portion control. This doesn't mean for one minute that I look over my staff and take fillings out.

I don't agree that the products are overpriced. Everything you get from the sandwich bar is made from scratch, I personally spend hours making the fillings, no fillings are bought in. There's not many sandwich bars out there these days that can say that, they rely on bought in products (hence they all taste the same regardless which shop you go into). If you compare our sandwiches to supermarket budget ones, then yes we would seem expensive

The bread we use is delivered daily and the baguettes come in half baked, it sounds like your baguette had been baked in the oven for too long. Again, if you had mentioned it at the time we would of happily made another one for you or given you a refund.

You mention the service not being good, I wish you had expanded on this. Did we run out of something? was it lunchtime and busy? was a member of staff rude? I can only apologise if you felt the service wasn't good.

I don't feel the turnover of staff has any relevance to the other comments that you have made. I run a small business and open & work in the shop six days a week. I have had younger staff working for me who have been good workers and happy workers. They move on to other jobs by mutual agreement at the interview stage, they are employed on a temporary basis.

Thank you for your comments. If you pass through Corbridge anytime soon, please call in and ask for Karen, I will happily make you a complimentary lunch.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We visited this place to get something sweet for dessert and it was fantastic. When we arrived, there were three tasters on top of the counter so you could try before you buy. I had a raspberry and almond tart and my partner had coffee cafe. The portions were huge (we saved some for the next day!) and were really tasty.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I'm disappointed we only found this little gem on our last day of our holiday. We picked up some rolls and a salad box for our day out. The rolls were very fresh and so were all the fillings. The rolls were loaded with fillings so I had a very happy husband who chose a delicious coronation chicken and three daughters who ate everything. My salad was so fresh and it was nice to be able to choose a lot of different sales to make up the box. I made my husband take a special trip on our way home so we picked up lunch there again . Also I felt it was great value for money (compared to down south!!)

Date of visit: August 2016
Karen246Corbridge, Owner at Corbridge Sandwich Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thank you so much for a lovely review. My daughter Charlie served you so obviously she's really happy when she read your comments. I'm pleased we were able to provide you with a great lunch.