“Simply outstanding”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We had the 6 course degustation meal & it was just amazing (75 euro/ person). The presentation of the dishes is beautiful & each dish has a different & wonderful taste. The service staff were professional & friendly. We even had a chat with the chef on the way out. Overall my wife & I agreed that this was one of our best restaurant experiences. It's Michelin Star is well deserved.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

The food lacked all seasoning and taste. I have never experienced anything like it. The Emperor has no clothes.

1  Thank ilovefoodanddining
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We called in here on the off chance. It’s fine dining in all aspects. Minimal decor, excellent food and great service. Very pricey.

1  Thank fearthemac
Reviewed 18 September 2017

As someone who does not eat in Michelin-starred restaurants every day of the week, I had to be a little impressed, not just because of the white tablecloths and the food. The real story - if anybody is asking me - is an unparalleled selection of Sicilian wines with a sommelier who probably lived in the vineyards and speaks perfect English; outstanding! also no one ever writes about the breads which are from heritage grains on the island - you will probably never experience the same again - period!

Now for the food, I am not disputing the quality or the taste or the presentation which were all fabulous but the chef is treating you to an innovative experience by re-interpreting the traditional elements of Sicilian cuisine which I already understand well.

The innovation deserves the second star but it will take time for the inspectors to appreciate the Sicilian element that really distinguishes this gem from the pack in better-known locations. When asked which elements I wanted in the tasting menu, my answer was, and always will be, "bottarga" - the caviar of the sea.

2  Thank OrganicForever
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

It is hard to believe that in less than 200 meters you have Sicily's best trattoria (Don Ciccio) and one of the best restaurants. I Pupi is a small, minimalist place yet its cuisine is spectacular. Sicilian street food and raw materials are staged in new ways, without being pretentious. We ordered à la carte (scampi, pasta with sea urchins, red mullet and a "fake stigghiola" made with tuna, 2 desserts, a bottle of Sicilian white wine) and the total was less than €200. A steal for the pleasure.

1  Thank antoniop305