Cabanas Christophe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Iorana Hotel(Easter Island)
Hotumatua(Easter Island)
View Hotel
Hotel Puku Vai(Hanga Roa)
Hotel Manutara(Easter Island)
  • Pool
Taha Tai Hotel(Hanga Roa)
Taura'a Hotel(Hanga Roa)
View Hotel
All reviewsrano kauhamsuperior roomevery morningjuicelovely balconyin townrapa nuiorientation tourthe perfect hostwine openershell leisstaying nightslittle extrashiking traileaster islandnice guy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very private, relaxing, literally steps from one of the main trailheads, a short 15-25 minute walk into town (depending on which end of town you want), comfy accommodations, super friendly and helpful hosts, easy airport transfers plus a quick “orientation” drive around town to help you get the lay of the land. Delightful hosts.
‘Nuf said.
(To offer a balanced review, the only downside is the wifi is terrible. But get out there and hike or swim or whatever - don’t sit around watching YouTube on Rapa Nui.)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2018

This is a great place to stay! I stayed in the "superior" room. the view was unbeatable with a lovely balcony.

It has a nice bathroom. It was well appointed with a king-sized bed and two twins, refrigerator, hot water kettle, some kitchenware, a dinette set, hair dryer.

The owner, Christophe, is very friendly. He met me at the airport and gave me a little tour around the town.

The location is about 1 km from the town, so it was a little bit of a walk to go there, but the amazing view and quiet nights were worth it. And if I was too tired to walk, a taxi only cost a couple dollars.

Breakfast of freshly-baked rolls, ham, salami and cheese was delivered every morning. Coffee, tea, milk, sugar, butter and jam were provided and restocked as needed.

My room was cleaned every day (immaculate!) and my laundry would be done at no charge.

I would recommend this as a place to stay to anyone going to Easter Island.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I had read wonderful reviews of this place and also read that rooms needed to be reserved well in advance. We made our reservation in April 2017 to stay for 4 nights during the Tapati Festival of February 2018. Every 2 or 3 months I sent an email just to reconfirm the reservation, including the dates we would be there. Imagine my surprise when in November (2 1/2 months before our trip) Rosario informed me that she had written my February reservation on the January calendar, so I could not have the room after all! Apparently she gave the room away to someone else. She made no attempt to straighten out the mess or to help me find another place to stay. Fortunately, I was able to find another place right in town, Kaimana Inn, and was quite happy with its owners and its location so close to town and the festival. I was very unhappy with the way this situation was handled.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed January 14, 2018

There is a reason this guy has nothing but five star reviews. He has earned every one of them. From the cleanliness and comfort of his cabanas to his friendliness and willingness to help. This cute family run operation is set on lovely flowered grounds in the middle of nature. Perfect location to feel as if you are outside of town without being far away from anything. Great for families or couples. Our kids loved running around and playing with the animals and hiking over to the nearby ruins and into some fields to see the volcano. He also made renting a car a seamless process. Wonderful stay! We are sending our inlaws there in a week so I got online and realized I hadn't written this well-deserved review. Thanks Cristophe from Paraguay!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurel L
Reviewed January 6, 2018

So the reviews on Trip Advisor rave about the beautiful location, clean rooms, peace and quiet and friendly owner. Can somewhere be that good? Answer yes!
From the moment we arrived Christophe made us feel welcome and at home and again the reviews are correct when they say that nothing is too much trouble for him. The "cabins" are in fact stone buildings tastefully decorated and come complete with kitchens. They are clean and spacious, although we were three people sharing the two bedroomed family cabin so we had lots of space. Location is to the south of Hanga Roa so it's very quiet and we didn't hear any barking dogs that some complain about in other hotels. It's right next to the airport runway but as there's only one flight a day noise isn't an issue. The bed in the main bedroom was super king size and very comfortable.
Breakfast is the same every day - bread, meat cheese, jam juice tea or coffee but as we stayed for 4 nights Christophe added scrambled eggs after the first day.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family