“Try the pie”

The Tin Pan Bakery and Bistro
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

A friend and I stopped in here today for tea and dessert. The coconut cream pie was delicious! I watched lunch plates go by and decided that I would have to return. The hamburger looked amazing and I couldn't get over the size of it. This is a strange little place with uneven floors and lots of odd decor. Nothing fancy but good food at a good price!

Reviewed 13 September 2015

We have been in on numerous occassions and have never been disappointed. The bread is amazing as are the samples of jam you get upon request. Best and biggest tea biscuits we have ever eaten. Their soups and sandwiches are fresh and excellent. If you are craving sweets, you have to try ANY of their cookies.

Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

I visited the Tin Pan with my daughter and her boyfriend the weekend of Acadia University 's grad. It's official. She has a degree. Port Williams is a five minute drive from Wolfville. The Tin Pan doesn't look like much from the outside and the inside is kind of quirky. Mismatched furniture, antiques and memorabilia hanging on the walls and plate rails. The tables are covered in clear plastic tablecloths with hundreds of business cards and notes visible beneath from all corners of the world. Cloth placemats that have seen better days, but it all works and makes you feel at home. The owners are the cooks and servers. The meals take awhile to prepare so don't go if you are I. A hurry. The breakfast is worth the wait. Fresh baked thick sliced bread toasted and served with three different home canned preserves. My favourite was the spiced crab apple. Sausage and bacon are sourced locally. A perfect little spot to enjoy some Nova Scotia charm and hospitality.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Went there on two separate occasions after 10 am and not open !! Not impressed !! Waited around for about 1/2 hour

2  Thank Cheryl P
Reviewed 17 May 2015

We were warned by other reviews that there would be a wait for food, so we were prepared. But 45 minutes for a club sandwich seemed a little excessive. To be fair, it was delicious when it did arrive, and the portion sizes are so huge my husband and I were able to split one and be completely satiated. But I am really not sure if it is worth the wait.