“Quick shop”

Dobbies Garden Centre
Ranked #15 of 17 Restaurants in Twyford
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Sainsbury's addition in this Dobbies, nothing special, overpriced. Long queue to pay. Always lacking atmosphere, staff levels low, not inspirational..

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL SERVICE GIVEN IN CAFE.
We waited very briefly to be served at the tillpoint, whilst waiting we observed one member of staff called “EDDIE” talking incredibly rudely and condescending towards another member of staff, which made us feel very awkward. When it was our turn to be served, we were served by Eddie.

When asking politely, what is the filling in the roast of the day sandwich, (displayed on the menu board) he very rudely and aggressively said “we don’t do roast today!!!!”
I said, sorry i meant the roast of the day sandwich (in case he mis-heard me asking for a roast). He then even more aggressively said WE DONT DO THE ROAST SANDWICH TODAY!!” In front of a Line of customers, which made me feel really embarrassed and small.

The entire service onwards we were given by Eddie was atrocious. I work in a competing Garden Centre, and understand that sometimes things can get pressured, but at NO point should any member of staff make a customer feel ashamed and embarrassed by being spoken to so aggressively.

Will not be returning. And will be advising others to avoid too.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank HungrySam1
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

What an incredible team!! I wanted to say thank you and well done to the team of people working today. They were short staffed and worked incredibly hard to deliver people’s food/drinks with kindness and being so helpful, especially in the current climate. Our food was delicious and we will definitely be back for one of your afternoon teas- wow!! They looked amazing!!!!
Again, well done team- great job!!!

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank U1693KPjow
Reviewed 21 May 2020 via mobile

I went to pick up a few things and was greeted by a man at the door, I can only assume it was the manager as he was in a shirt and not the uniform.

I was dressed in work clothes and he looked at me and dealt with the lady behind me.
He also was very condescending.

I was very put off by this would recommend going to a different store near by as I will in the future

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 19 January 2020

This used to be one of the Wyevale Garden Centres and had a good reputation. Little has changed since the take over by Dobbies. There is an excellent variety in the centre itself and the restaurant is very good, popular with young parents as there is a soft play area attached. They serve excellent cakes and the meals look good.

Date of visit: January 2020