Perks for doing the course with John:
1) Personalized training, he doesn't crowd a bajillion students into one class
2) Big fluffy cats in the training area (well, yes, this is an obvious perk; and if you don't like cats [how dare you!!!], don't worry, they have their own caves and are out of your touch during sessions)
3) Stays positive, calm, and encouraging throughout the course: even when my finning was a total bleh, he still had positive things to say and that kept me going
4) Did not make me feel conscious about my weight (getting into wetsuits, boats, etc.)
5) Did not sell me equipment, just informed be about them
6) After sales communication, he doesn't suddenly forget about you after your course
7) They are building a bigger and better dive shop with rooms and a pool (should be open by end of 2016)
The dive shop where John teaches (Freedive Panglao) is in Danao, which is 20 PHP away if you ride on a habal-habal from Alona beach.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.