Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
aedesia
Hong Kong, China

Fantastic, great food, professional service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 9, 2023via mobile
Nice and quiet resort, far enough from the bustle and hassle of Alona beach but close enough to enjoy their restaurants and shopping. The chef at Eskaya is excellent, every dish was perfect, especially Filipino cuisine. The staff was caring and attentive, especially Herbert looked after us extremely well. Very profesional and service oriented. Our daughter wasn’t feeling well and they were ready to arrange medical care in the middle of Easter holidays, which is the most important religious holiday in the country so only ER in Tagbilaran was open. Herbert and his colleagues were super nice, they took care of every wish we had. If you use a tricycle to take you to Alona Beach, we highly recommend Allan Bongo, just tell the staff at Eskaya and he’ll be waiting for you at the gate. We were very pleased and happy with our holidays.
Date of stay: April 2023
Room Tip: Good for families with older children
Trip type: Traveled with family
1.8 km from Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa
    ₱1,241
1.9 km from Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa
View more hotels in Panglao Island
All reviews main pool beach resort rain shower sea urchins tour guide beach front villa privacy massage luxury philippines bohol housekeeper filipino infinity tricycle
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2023

No such thing as room charge. You eat in the restaurant - you gotta pay immediately. The menu is massive, but they don’t have half of what’s written there. Considering we were the only guests in the resort, their service was way below basic. To ask for a pitcher of water took an hour. You order room service, it’ll also take an hour. Their food was pretty decent though.

We arrived from our flight at 12:00PM. No other guests in the hotel but we were informed that our room was not ready yet and that the standard check-in is at 2:00PM so don’t expect, that despite what you are paying for, and a resort that has no other guests - they won’t check you in earlier.

We got the Grand Infinity Seaview villa that can have as many as 6 pax. We were 5 but there was only one bathroom :-( It was nice and spacious but only one bathroom.

We asked for a massage and their menu said it was open from 1PM to 12MN everyday but when we called, they said it was only open from 8PM to 10PM. It only has 2 rooms with 2 beds in each. We reserved for 2 pax at 8PM and 2 for 930PM. They said to be there 15 minutes before but no one was there to welcome us. So when we called, they said “you didn’t tell us what massage you wanted and you didn’t pay ahead of time.” Sadly, very passive :-( So, we just cancelled our massage.

The only thing you can do in the resort is use the gym, swim in your villa pool or swim in the main pool.

The one positive, in the reception, they have a dog named SALTY who greeted us every morning.

Biggest tip, you are better off in Bellevue, South Palms, Amorita or Henan - unless you don’t want to see anyone or share the beach with others, then just go to El Nido Palawan.

Room tip: do not book here. nor worth it.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2023

CHECK THE RECENT REVIEWS OF THIS RESORT ON GOOGLE AND OTHER SITES. It progressively gets WORSE! You can already see how dirty the place is when you enter the resort. The "owner"/housekeeper did not want to clean the room because it was "too early" to do it. My mom saw dog poop and cockroaches. There have been a significant amount of bad reviews about this place, specifically the owner. In our trip, she pretended to be the housekeeper and told my parents to leave. She was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL and talks like a kalye person. She did NOT refund my parents the money they paid to stay there despite not staying there. She made them leave (thank God), but for that, we are bringing this to the NBI.

Room tip: Just stay somewhere else like Hennan
Date of stay: February 2023
2  Thank Tomi A
Reviewed March 4, 2023

The staff were good but the property manager Phoebe gave us a hard time.. saying we cant park our rented car inside the resort. Which is very upsetting for someone who is paying $1,500 for the villa. I dont get why a guest is not allowed to park inside the resort they are staying at. The property manager Phoebe even called us at 12am just to scream at us the guest to remove the car. She was so paranoid and accused us of being drug peddlers. Just because a yacht stopped in front of our beach front from our villa. We dont even know there was a boat in the water since we were barely there because we went out. Anyway you can still try and book at this place just know this review serves as a warning.

Also to add to that all the promised inclusions was not available at the time.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Nick J
Reviewed February 22, 2023 via mobile

Pool villa number 10 was great i give it a 10 but d food im so sorry its worst and even beach was so frustrating such a scam beach full of sea urchins and hightide was knee deep.. spa???? I was already at d handuraw spa and d lady told me to go back to d front desk amd make a booking first.. was suppose to relax and have a massage before dinner time..🤬😡😳

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 334kashmirl
Reviewed February 9, 2023

If I could give negative rating to this Eskaya Beach Resort in Panglao Island, Bohol Philippines, I would. This is the worst experience I ever experienced in a resort that seemed to be well acclaimed to be one of the best in the island of Bohol when it comes to Luxury Resorts. What a disappointment and am very disgusted! I booked this via Amex Travel to make sure I get the best experience in a Luxury Hotel in my Hometown, as what other 5 Star reviews I read only to find out those 5 Star reviews were all old. Clearly there is an obvious decline in the management of this resort. I don't understand what happened here...But why the unbelievable attitudes of the staff starting from the front desk and the unbelievable restrictions imposed on the guests? We totally felt like in a prison environment, totally the opposite of a luxury hotel. What a shame! The ambiance is still there, the beautiful infinity pool and the whole landscape is still there but to let go of the quality staff ( seemed to be so untrained), of food served and the service is unacceptable! The Villa we were staying at, while private and beautiful with the native ambiance was very dirty it made me not even want to use the bathrooms! The bathroom sink, while supplied with the standard toiletries, is surrounded by molds! There is a jacuzzi tub that is so full of dirt, insects and just utter grossness, it's so clear they were not cleaned. Never mind that it had a private pool in the villa I was staying, the dirty place? I could imagine how dirty that pool is and unmaintained The coffee provided in the room is a cheap instant Nescafe powder with uncleaned coffee cups and used napkins... it's gross! This is NOT a luxury standard by any means.On the contrary, it is a very expensive filthy prison cell. On top of this, the lady in the front desk who claimed she is the only one that I could talk to when I tried to complain about their poor service and attitudes was very rude! They treated their guests like prisoners. They took our keys and kept them and when one day we needed to leave at around 5 am because we needed to go to town to look for migraine medication, we were told not to leave till 6 am because the guards would not allow us. Are you kidding me??? The worst experience I have ever had and I am an avid traveler and I am very familiar to how luxury hotels operate. I happen to be a Marriott Ambassador Elite member AND Hyatt Globalist this year and I have traveled the world being from Los Angeles,and I have stayed at Grand Hyatt Manila in BGC and Marriott Manila Hotel for 2 weeks total before flying to Bohol, my home town, and what a big disappointment....maybe the right word is disgusted. I have had great experiences staying at the other Bohol resorts in my previous visits. I was very happy when I stayed at Amorita Resort, also in Panglao before, which is why I was so inspired to want to stay at Eskaya. But, I will never go back to this place ever again and I will make sure no one among my family and friends will ever make a mistake to choose Eskaya. This resort is more of a Hell in a Paradise setting, only that you have to pay a high price (luxury price ) to be in jail. If could give a negative rating b the stars I would. I tried to get a refund on my money on the first day I discovered how bad this was so I could move to another place, but alas, I prepaid Amex Travel and Eskaya would not refund .I REPEAT, Do NOT make a mistake of going there, or you will regret it. There are a lot of beautiful and well kept resorts to choose from in Bohol nowadays . There is something going on management wise....very bad.

Room tip: I will NEVER go back to this hell in a paradise environment!
Date of stay: December 2022