Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Priceline
$256
View deal
Expedia.com$428
ZenHotels.com
eDreams$501
All reviews private pool complimentary cake villa privacy resort mosquitoes exclusivity
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2020 via mobile

Bad management. Worse manager.
Dirty private pool. . No pump. Dirty room . Infinity pool is dirty in my villa You open at covid 19 you should be ready. . All is dirty. I pay 21,000 just to be in my room. They like to downgrade me in a small villa but still pay the same amount. . No refund policy is really crazy. . I call the manager week ago . They say public pool and restaurant will be okey but....

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 50wernerv
Reviewed March 2, 2020 via mobile

A previous reviewer who, like me, clearly spent a number of nights here, was pretty spot on with their comments, most of which I echo. I paid A$930 a night for an Infinity Pool Villa, for which I expected something truly outstanding. As a comparison, for $A750 a night I can get a harbour view room at the majestic Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong...one of the great hotels of the world.
The villa itself was nice enough apart from the pile of empty beer cans and other garbage that had fallen down, unnoticed, behind the TV console. The open air bathroom was also OK, with an old and uncomfortable spa bath, but in general the whole villa felt a bit tired and unloved. 3/4-star, perhaps, but certainly not 5-star.
The food was awful. I had an oily dish of pasta on the first night and didn’t bother again with dinner. And the breakfasts were similarly dire. At best it was canteen quality and by the third day I started I going into town to the excellent Gavroche, for croissants and decent coffee.
So, despite the website promise of an opulent experience it delivered way below my expectations. I could not, in any honesty, recommend this place to anyone!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2020 via mobile

Overall good experience. Very private and relaxing, which is good because we don’t like crowded places and everyone are very welcoming and kind. However few concerns:

1. Food choices are limited and overpriced, food for me tastes 6/10
2. Housekeeping failed to throw the garbage out, also did not fix our beds (for 2 nights), but they cleaned the dining area and refilled the bottled waters, so am not sure what happened there
3. We did not like how we were responded in emails, answers were too short and vague. Sounded to us that our requests were not being heard or just brushed off
4. There should be a buzzer from the beach area to call on the servers because it’s a bit far to call the server from the resto just to ask for water or just wait for someone to pass by

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2020

We stayed at this hotel for six nights as the chill-out part of our trip to the Philippines so have a pretty good insight into its operations.

This hotel does have some good points but it is badly let down by others, if we came to Panglao again we would stay at the superior Amorita at Alona Beach or South Palms both of which are half the price.

The hotel has about 20 villas and we stayed in No 15, a sea view villa with private pool on the sea side (some have them tucked around the back). The villa was large, airy and clean, good TV and surprisingly good WiFi- all good.

The general landscaping is attractive and well looked after although the pool and pool area is a bit tired.

Unfortunately from here my comments are less positive, as you will have seen from the other reviews, the breakfast is terrible, most the other food is very poor, we stopped eating meals other than breakfast (coffee, toast & watermelon) in the hotel after Day 3 and had lunch 10 mins walk to the East at the very nice South Palms Resort (also worth looking at) and dinner generally at the Amorita Hotel.

Although the beach was swept, a few chairs and umbrellas were plonked on the beach, no towels, water, showers, service and the water toys were minimal and ancient, the foregoing is OK as long as not paying a premium price. The beach is so much nicer at South Palms so we swam there.

The other slightly disconcerting thing is that the resort did not feel exclusive but deserted (it was 80% full), the maximum number of people we shared the restaurant with was four (always set for 50+) and often it was only us there, ditto swimming pool and only saw about eight people on the beach the whole stay.

The staff were friendly but lacking leadership, we did not see any senior leadership team the whole time we were there.

With a decent GM and a complete shake up of the catering this could be a top resort - not yet and the price point is definitely wrong.

(As an aside, whilst we were there we watched the same tiramisu, bread & butter pudding and mango creme brûlée going around in the display fridge for the whole six days we were there (could still be there) - I hope they do not serve it to anybody) - we became fascinated with how long it would remain - photos available!

(Also, and very strangely, when we arrived the receptionist would not allow us to charge anything to the room and stated they wanted payment for everything as an when - we refused as we did not want to carry money/cards around - they relented).

Room tip: Room 15 is great (noise not an issue at this resort other than the public festivals outside of the resort.
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank WhenMylesandI
Reviewed January 12, 2020

The Eskaya experience means getting pampered all throughout your stay that by the time you have to go, you wouldn't actually want to leave. It truly was one of the best tropical vacations I've had. Ever.

1. Service

One of the many amazing things about Eskaya is the service. All staff members were warm, polite, and always alert. There are times when you don't even have to ask, they just instinctively provide what you need with much enthusiasm. In the afternoon, a staff member would be at our door and give us complimentary snacks (delicious local delicacies). When we inquired about the usage of kayak, they gave us the time when it will be high tide and when we got to the beach at the designated time, everything was already arranged for us, we really just had to hop on the kayak. But for me, the best part was the massage at the Handuraw Spa. It was just beyond amazing. And this is coming from a person who regularly gets a massage.

2. Villa

The deluxe villa looks so beautiful--from the high wooden ceiling to the outdoor showers and jacuzzi. It was just everything I could ever ask for in a romantic getaway! There's an infinity pool in which we can swim in silence after spending hours at the beach. There's a balcony, which I gotta say is my favorite part, with two comfortable beds from where you can view the sea in quiet contemplation. And if you just want to chill or watch TV in the room, you can borrow DVDs from the front desk.

3. Location and Amenities

Eskaya is barely a 5-minute drive from the Tagbilaran airport and sits on a nice spot on the beach with white sand and clear waters.There are a lot of activities to do in the resort, just check out the stuff in the front desk and you'll never run out of things to do. The stuff provided for in the villa were more than sufficient. Even rubber slippers (aside from the customary bedroom slippers) as well as a beach bag were provided.

Eskaya is a really beautiful resort but what I liked best about it is that the whole place is quiet. It's like we were the only ones there. It's just perfect for a vacation away form the hustle and bustle of the metro.

Room tip: Balai (Villa) No. 13, 14, and 15 have a nice view of the sea
Date of stay: January 2020