“Should be called a marina, not a beach.”
Review of Alona Beach

Panglao Island Tour with Mag-Aso Falls
US$45.00*
Half-Day Panglao Island Tour
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We headed down to Alona to catch out boat for our snorkel tour. Once we were done the tour, I walked around trying to find the beach and realized that I was actually somewhat on the beach.

This was not quite what I expected. The beach at high tide is very narrow which doesn’t give you a lot of room to sit. Looking out, all you see is a fleet of boats. Not near as picturesque as I would of expected.

We never wound up sitting on the beach while we were there. Just stopped in at a beach front bar for a cold beer.

The town itself is very noisy and touristy. We stayed just outside of town, which I would recommend. Much quieter and you can find better, cheaper local restaurants outside of Alona.

My advice….stay outside of town, rent a scooter and head to Dumaluan Beach!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Nice location. White sandy beach. Along bars, restaurants and dive centres. Easily accessible. Good night life.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

If you like parting Alona Beach is the right place to stay. The beach is nice but not very large, busy with the restaurants and crowed. It's also a good place to arrange diving or boat tours. There are plenty of prettier and quieter beaches in Panglao

Reviewed December 6, 2017

when i first saw the shoreline along alona beach..i thought of boracay..well, no wonder i had that same idea...they called it ittle boracay..nice beaches...hotels within the area..foods...the difference? not too crowdy...there is the private feeling to enjoy..Just dont visit on rainy season, expect a not so clear water and some seaweeds too on the water...

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Well, I was warned this wouldn’t look like what I saw on the postacards and pictures. I decided to risk it anyway- really wrong decision. Crowded beach,full of mess, sea full of boats,so it’s difficult to even swim a bit further. This is not paradise,it’s hell. Save time and go to Spain, same result... If you want to see beautiful beach and meet friendly people go to Siquijor island. Definitely not coming back to alona beach...