All reviews short cut busy alona beach double bed water pressure cable tv alona42 tricycle gina
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

This hotel is more than 5 star luxury resort. Perfect location and great friendly helpful employees. They are building a pool now which is quiet rare here so once it is done, you wont wanna leave this place. Thank you again for all your help and advices.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

We cant thank enough to all the smily people working at Alona42. Positive and always ready to help. I do travel alot and work at the travel agency myself but never experienced such wonderful attitude. Rooms are nice, spacious and clean, calm oasis short walk to the beach and to the center. Definetely recommended, this place deserves 10 points.

Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed 1 night, the hotel is approx. 15mins walk from the main centre. Or 10mins walk to the beach. The hotel is under renovation to build a pool. So between 9am to 5pm, expect some noise. The room itself was very comfortable and clean, quiet working air-con. Hot shower with good water pressure. Rooms have a small bar fridge. We paid 300 PHP for private car from Airport to hotel. We didn't have to organise this in advance, there are plenty of transfer vehicles once you arrive to TAG airport. Staff were very helpful. Booked the ferry transfer for us day prior from Bohol to Oslob and also packed us a sandwich breakfast to take away as we left at 445am. We would stay here again next time in Bohol

2  Thank HD S
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

We had a great time here at Alona42, it served as our base while diving and enjoying Panglao and Bohol over the Easter week. The staff are helpful (particularly Gina) in assisting us with organizing various things, e.g. renting a car and driver to go to the Chocolate Hills.

The hotel is about 10 minutes walking from the main sections of Alona Beach, and offers nice air conditioned rooms. The food and drinks are fine and reasonably priced.

The only downside is that the kitchen sometimes takes to long to make the food, e.g. breakfast, when one has to be at the dive shop early in the morning.

All in all I would gladly recommend this to anyone who looks for a functional, clean and quiet hotel while diving from Alona Beach, it might not be the most luxurious choice, but it’s certainly value for money.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2019 via mobile

I was not happy with the reservation team of this hotel and the owner whom I had once on the phone. I was told she is a foreigner but she couldn’t properly communicate and she didn’t contact me back as she had promised. No one in this hotel could actually communicate properly concerning my booking as long as they had difficulties to understand English. They left my emails and WhatsApp messages without reply most of the time and they didn’t pick up the phone. They also asked more for the same room than booking.com and Agoda. Finally I booked for the same price a very good room with the central beach location in Alona beach and I was very happy because I realized that in the evening it’s very dark to walk to this hotel and it’s unpleasant. The best to be in the central location in Alona. So I don’t recommend you to stay there!

Date of stay: March 2019