All reviews short cut busy alona beach double bed water pressure cable tv alona42 tricycle gina
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

We stayed 1 night, the hotel is approx. 15mins walk from the main centre. Or 10mins walk to the beach. The hotel is under renovation to build a pool. So between 9am to 5pm, expect some noise. The room itself was very comfortable and clean, quiet working air-con. Hot shower with good water pressure. Rooms have a small bar fridge. We paid 300 PHP for private car from Airport to hotel. We didn't have to organise this in advance, there are plenty of transfer vehicles once you arrive to TAG airport. Staff were very helpful. Booked the ferry transfer for us day prior from Bohol to Oslob and also packed us a sandwich breakfast to take away as we left at 445am. We would stay here again next time in Bohol

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank HD S
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

We had a great time here at Alona42, it served as our base while diving and enjoying Panglao and Bohol over the Easter week. The staff are helpful (particularly Gina) in assisting us with organizing various things, e.g. renting a car and driver to go to the Chocolate Hills.

The hotel is about 10 minutes walking from the main sections of Alona Beach, and offers nice air conditioned rooms. The food and drinks are fine and reasonably priced.

The only downside is that the kitchen sometimes takes to long to make the food, e.g. breakfast, when one has to be at the dive shop early in the morning.

All in all I would gladly recommend this to anyone who looks for a functional, clean and quiet hotel while diving from Alona Beach, it might not be the most luxurious choice, but it’s certainly value for money.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2019 via mobile

I was not happy with the reservation team of this hotel and the owner whom I had once on the phone. I was told she is a foreigner but she couldn’t properly communicate and she didn’t contact me back as she had promised. No one in this hotel could actually communicate properly concerning my booking as long as they had difficulties to understand English. They left my emails and WhatsApp messages without reply most of the time and they didn’t pick up the phone. They also asked more for the same room than booking.com and Agoda. Finally I booked for the same price a very good room with the central beach location in Alona beach and I was very happy because I realized that in the evening it’s very dark to walk to this hotel and it’s unpleasant. The best to be in the central location in Alona. So I don’t recommend you to stay there!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2019

Decided to book the hotel based on the good reviews here in Tripadvisor and they did not disappoint. It's not beachfront but a few minutes walk to the beach and this place is perfect if you are looking for a more quiet place away from the crowd and noise. The staff are very friendly and attentive. Booked my countryside tour and island hopping trip with the hotel and they even helped with our boat transfer from Bohol to Cebu. Overall its a great place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2018

The resort is small but very relaxing as the eating area is open to the outside overlooking tropical gardens. The rooms are modern spacious and clean and great value for the price. The staff were all very helpful and it is a relatively short walk to Alona Beach. We really enjoyed our stay and the friendly staff were an important part of this. You can also walk into town or catch a tricycle, if you are eating out.

Date of stay: November 2018